Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Teleportation Nightmare with Navmesh!(loads of pictures and video) Please help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OCULUS] VR Teleportation Nightmare with Navmesh!(loads of pictures and video) Please help!!!!

Hi Guys,

I've been working on this VR ArchVis piece for a while now and I'm having a lot of trouble with getting the teleportation to work properly. The teleportation beam just seems to have a mind of it's own and doesn't follow the navmesh that I've created for it. If anyone has some experience with this kind of stuff that would be hugely appreciated.

1: The current navmesh as generated with some NavModifierVolumes around the furniture.
    ‚Äč

What I'm trying to do is allow the VR player to just walk around the entire building using teleportation but I'm getting the following problems:

The first problem is that the teleporter gizmo seems to have a mind of it's own on what floor it should be on. I'm clearly pointing at the lower floor entrance and it snaps to the first floor room... And as you can see in the nav mesh, those are separate entities.

The second problem I'm having is that there seem to be holes in a sold surface... This is the nav mesh that goes with it and I have no clue why it's doing this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	NavMesh2.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1528723

The third and final problem I'm having is that this thing doesn't go up slopes... sometimes. And sometimes it does. My mesh is so complex that I have no fcking clue where to start looking for possible solutions tot he problem.

Name:	NavMesh3.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	1528724

Here are the settings for my navmesh, figure you guys need those as much as the images to help troubleshoot...

Name:	NavMesh4.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1528725

Name:	NavMesh5.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	1528726

Please help me out guys! I really need it, I've been banging my head against this for 2 weeks now and I could really use a break or at least something to help me out.

Thank you so much in advance!!!!
Working...
X