Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Folks, I have a quick question, hope this is the right spot.
    So I want to set my unreal project up for VR and the VIVE.
    normally I start with the VR template and I don't have any problems.
    This time the project was created already as a "Blank Template", I tried to implement the VR Template but it doesn't really work.

So basically my question is, to be able to walk around through that level in VR what do I have to do?
    I did not really find anything helpful online so far, I believe that it is a quiet simple thing to do and I am just missing it.
    Or do I have to create a new Level with VR PreSets?

Cheers
    - LB

Comment

Originally posted by LeonBela View Post
      Hey Folks, I have a quick question, hope this is the right spot.
      So I want to set my unreal project up for VR and the VIVE.
      normally I start with the VR template and I don't have any problems.
      This time the project was created already as a "Blank Template", I tried to implement the VR Template but it doesn't really work.

So basically my question is, to be able to walk around through that level in VR what do I have to do?
      I did not really find anything helpful online so far, I believe that it is a quiet simple thing to do and I am just missing it.
      Or do I have to create a new Level with VR PreSets?

Cheers
      - LB
      Hello there,
      all you need to do is to migrate the level you created on any template (ex: First Person Shooter) to the VR Template, then you must add a "NavMeshBoundsVolume"
      and don't forget to delete the cameras and pawns and the "Start Player" you migrated from your scene and place the new "MotionControllerPawn" from the VR Template into the scene.

This works as your starting point in the level, and to know if your NavMeshBoundsVolume is well placed all you need is to press the "P" Button to show you the affected area you can navigate with your controllers. and makes sure it covers all the navigation area you want.

Most important ! don't forget to select the motion controller pawn you placed in the scene and change the Auto Posses Player to "Player 0".

and let me know if you have any problems.

Comment

Thanks Nobel that was surprisingly helpful...as an Unreal noob I was scratching my head on this because I missed the "Auto Posses Player to "Player 0" setting ...much appreciated.

Comment

good Documents for VR. I also want a guide on VR for iOS, please share more about it.

Comment

NVIDIA VR Funhouse editor is extremely slow and won't load correctly on Oculus Rift.

I know this is an "old" free game, and maybe the editor is straight broken with it now but I've been trying to dip my toe into VR development by making some mods.

I was following NVIDIA's official tutorials on youtube and have noticed that trying to add anything new in blueprints takes a long time to bring up the menu when I right click. On top of that frustration when I go to test it I can't choose a Play option because the arrow drop down won't work and simply pressing play I only hear sound with the head set on.

Would anyone have any insight on this? Would the fact that Oculus, SteamVR, and UE4 having to all be open while modding be a good reason?

Appreciate any response, thanks!

Comment

Footstep sounds in VR. Yay or nay?

I like the ambiance of the old Resident Evil games where there's no sound except for your footsteps. But I'm afraid the movement speed and footstep sounds will throw players off balance. Guess I'll implement it and find out.

Comment

Working...
              X