This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed Reality Capture Feedback for Epic

To support the efforts of XR devs everywhere, we’ve been building a solution for compositing real-world video onto virtual world space in Unreal Engine 4. Mixed Reality Capture (MRC), available in Early Access as of Unreal Engine 4.20, equips you with the tools you need to project yourself (or any tracked object) into your virtual experience. More information in the 4.20 release notes.

This thread serves as a space for us to get feedback from you! Please help us make the MRC tool the best it can be by sharing ways we can improve upon it.

Looking to learn more? Check out our MRC documentation pages.

As I was saying here:

Originally posted by GJ View Post
    Hello,

Since 4.20 is out, I'm trying to do a vive tracker camera calibration with the Mixed Reality Capture Calibration Tool. I can make the whole configuration EXCEPT the vive tracker as a camera.

The documentation says that you can go trough the available tracking attachments with the Tab key, but nothing when I hit Tab, I only see " No Tracking Attachment ".

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...alibrationTool

Any ideas?
    I have trouble to get any feedback on the available tracking attachments. Is there anything to do to find the tracker?

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the amazing feature Set. We will surely leverage in one of our products.
      One thing that's burning under our nails however, is the ability to write out video to disc from within the engine. OBS is fine, but its rather limiting the performance of a system and it does not let the unreal application control when and where a video is being recorded and written to disc.
      We are aware of things like Nvida Shadowplay but the control we would have from within the engine, to support nvidia, ati and intel chips to encode mp4, would be just great.
      are there any plans to support such a feature in the future?

sincerely
      Frank Lenhard

Comment

Originally posted by GJ View Post
        As I was saying here:

I have trouble to get any feedback on the available tracking attachments. Is there anything to do to find the tracker?

Thanks.
        Having the exact same problem.

Comment

GJ and IntervideoFilm: Thanks for reporting this. I've repro'd here, and reported the issue to Dev. No word on a fix, but it's somewhere in the work queue.

Comment

I bought a new capture card and tried a new feature of UE4.20, mixed reality, but my capture card(AVermedia product) does not seem to be supported.

Is there any other way or should I just wait until you support? Do they have any plans to support other devices?

Comment

Thank you for the MRC! Timing couldn't have been better for us. We (the company I'm working for) are making a Mixed Reality application using Unreal Engine for an exhibition coming in October. We started with our own solution for the MR feature, but the early access version released with the UE 4.20 is much more advanced than our own tries and will save lots of work hours. We were very pleased to see how the calibration has done. It allows us to use multiple cameras or computers very easily. There is still room for improvements though.

We are using a professional videographer in the project. MRC's current device support list is understandable (at the current state), but makes things little bit trickier. Luckily the only supported video capture device is sold here where we operate and we also have one of the supported webcams at the office. We plan to test a bunch of webcams and video capture devices in coming weeks with the said professional videographer, to find the best and most stable professional solution for the exhibition. UE 4.21 is too far in the future, we have to go with the 4.20 EA version of the MRC. We will definitely need to have a camera with a tracker, so it's nice to hear that the "No Tracking Attachment" bug is in the work queue.

I'm working full time on our project as a developer and I'm happy to help in any way I can. We are currently using Vive Pros with SteamVR 2.0 base stations and 2018 versions of Vive Trackers. Currently we have tested the MRC only with a Logitech C920 webcam.

Comment

Working...
              X