Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi,

I just start to study unreal engine 3 month ago and want to learn in virtual production.

My test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQfVE1FF5M

I use IPad Mini to be the virtual camera by arkit. Everything is fine when I just idle animation on the mannequin.(test video in 0:00-1:10).
    However, I put another animation, like run, walk & jump on the mannequin, then my computer is lag when I capture my camera.(test video in 1:52-3:00)
    I don't know is me misunderstand something or some setting in the project I was missed.
    Or can I reduce the fps and the quality of play mode just like the viewport that can display in wireframe and switch off the motion blur?

here is the link of the project:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1O?usp=sharing

Hopefully anyone can give me some advice. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey All,
    I have the the Vcam app working great and seems to be connected correctly to the Ipad. The issue is when i try to record, the recording begins and i see the track being recorded in sequencer but when i stop the recording the track disappears. I suspect its me being dumb but has anyone got any advice?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey All,

Im having issues connecting the remote 2 app to my unreal. I downloaded the test project on the document page, made sure everything was correct based on the tutorial but still when I enter in my IP address and try to get it to connect it just sits on the "connecting" screen. Is there something im missing? Do I need to set something up on the app before hand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by malcriado View Post
    You can force using the tracker through blueprint and use the "custom" option instead of Arkit in settings
    Also interested if anyone could post the main steps needed to do this?
    I never found a solution either to stop the Unreal Remote 2 app freezing. I wonder if this is why the vive option was removed from 4.22?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by malcriado View Post
    You can force using the tracker through blueprint and use the "custom" option instead of Arkit in settings
    May i ask for a bit moredetail how you solved that? Thanks in advance

Another question is, if somebody figured out, why the steamvr tracking is freezing as soon the ipad unreal remote2 app connects to unreal?
    Last edited by showpixel; 05-08-2019, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we still using vive tracker for the location of Ipad pro?
    I saw the latest official Virtual Camera Plugin document removed the Vive tracker words.
    Now only shows Vicon or Optitrack.
    And I found up there is still a vive tracker unrecognized with unreal remote 2 issue,
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-62706
    If they really give up on steamvr tracking for the virtual camera, that's really sad......

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

check your apple device for arkit compatibility:

https://developer.apple.com/library/...ityMatrix.html

Cheers,
    Kuba

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was having the same issue and about ready to give up.
    Removed all of:

[RemoteSession]
    +Channels=(Name=FRemoteSessionFrameBufferChannel,Mode=Write)
    +Channels=(Name=FRemoteSessionInputChannel,Mode=Read)
    +Channels=(Name=FRemoteSessionARCameraChannel,Mode=Read)
    +Channels=(Name=FRemoteSessionXRTrackingChannel,Mode=Read)

And it worked fine after that

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try testing on a WiFi network that has zero traffic, just your PC and iPhone. See if you have better luck.
    Keep in mind the amount of data being passed back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello! i was able to connect but it works for 1 second and then freeze. I'm using an ipad pro with everything updated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys,

Does anybody have an idea how to remove preview of camera controls on the pc editor window (PIE) and retain them on tablet window at the same time?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, has anyone resolved the issue where the movement from the Ipad is not being received by Unreal?
    i tried with and without the changes to the .ini files.
    The joystick navigation data is being sent through fine from the Ipad though.

I am on 4.20. Using ipad pro, version 2 or 3.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got a new ipad pro (11 inch, IOS 12.1) yesterday and for the life of me cant get the Unreal Remote 2 app to work at all. I only get a black screen for about 10 seconds then the app minimises, no screen to enter IP addresses etc. Is the 11inch somehow incompatible with the app? anyone else successfully run it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could be potentially due to the wi-fi congestion, but I have tried it without the channels and it gives me the same issue.
    Ive also tried both sample project and my own and neither seem to pick up gyroscope. I can interact with controls and record, also use camera functions. But the gyroscope movements arent picked up

Thanks for the response!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X