Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE 4.20p4 ARCore image database cannot build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zahir3d View Post
    Hello, Did anyone manage to find a solution to the problem? Error: Failed to build augmented image database. I work on the binary version of UE 4.20

EDIT :

I have done that but when I start my project I have this error message : Failed to load Plugin : Failed to read file. Invalid Json Token. Line: 7 Ch: 1 (E:/Myproject/Plugins/GoogleArCoreServices/GoogleARCoreServices.uplugin)

Which project are you trying to open? Are you trying to open the CloudARPin sample? If you want to try out the CloudARPin sample, I have to use the workaround described there:
    Originally posted by Bo Pang View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately 4.20 is missing the .uplugin file in GoogleARCoreServices plugin, which is why the folder only contains the source code folder. The workaround for now is to use the source code version of 4.20 and manually added a GoogleARCoreServices.uplugin (https://github.com/google-ar-unreal/...rvices.uplugin) file in that folder. Once you added the .uplugin file, generate the project file and build the engine again, you should be able to use the GoogleARCoreServices plugin for CloudARPin.

If you want to use binary version of Unreal 4.20, you will have to copy the GoogleARCoreServices folder to a project plugin and add the uplugin there.
    If you are trying to open the Augmented Image sample, and you got that error. You can open the AugmentedIMages.uproject file in a text editor, and remove the GoogleARCoreServices section in the Plugins if it is there.

Comment

I was trying to open the AugmentedIMages, Finally I solved the problem be using the source code version of Unreal. Hope this issue will be corrected in the next version of UE.
      Tks.

Originally posted by Bo Pang View Post

If you are trying to open the Augmented Image sample, and you got that error. You can open the AugmentedIMages.uproject file in a text editor, and remove the GoogleARCoreServices section in the Plugins if it is there.
      This solution doesn't work, because I haven't the "GoogleARCoreServices" in my .uproject :

{
      "FileVersion": 3,
      "EngineAssociation": "4.20",
      "Category": "",
      "Description": "",
      "Plugins": [
      {
      "Name": "SteamVR",
      "Enabled": false
      },
      {
      "Name": "AppleARKit",
      "Enabled": false
      },
      {
      "Name": "GoogleARCore",
      "Enabled": true
      }
      ]
      }
      Last edited by zahir3d; 08-01-2018, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Hmm, that's weird. I don't have problem open the AugmentedImage sample using the binary version of Unreal 4.20. Not sure what is causing the problem.

Comment

Has this issue been fixed in 4.20.2? I havent had a chance to try.

Comment

This issue is still not fixed in 4.20.2.

Comment

Still not fixed in 4.20.3...

Comment

Originally posted by Hermyth View Post
                Hi, thanks for the fast answer. I tryed with that engine version too, with the image detection example, but get the same error. But now try build with command line. Thanks again.

Your tried with qr code? i hope can recognize that.
                s the problem solved? I can do it on the company's computer, and building up images on my home computer will fail. I don't know why.

Comment

Work to me from the 4.20.0. Copyed the arcoreimg.exe from git version. Do you have installed visual studio with unreal engine part?

Comment

Hi, i've just managed to succesfully build and run AugmentedImages project on android using custom images for tracking. I've used bone-stock-straight-out-of-the launcher 4.20.3 WITHOUT the arcoreimg.exe. The trick for me was to use sample images that had the same parameters as those in example, so i've used 4728x3264 8bit RGB jpg on compression level 9, and it worked like a charm on SGS7. When i've used 2k res png it failed to build, so maybe the file format is the problem in this case. Hope this helps anybody.

Comment

Working...
                    X