No announcement yet.

Pick up a Object and connect with a second object if i touch the secon object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick up a Object and connect with a second object if i touch the secon object

I want pickup with the HTC Vive Controller an Object and touch a second Object so that both Objects connect like a lego. How can i do that? Here some Pictures maybe it helps to understand me.

You can pickup the object using the standard VR template setup, then use an Overlap event on object2, so that when is overlapped by object1 ( use Component has tag ), you can do a branch and use an Attach to Component node with Snap to Target, so that it will snap in place
    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

So I should use Component overlap Component, but i really dont know how it makes sense, have you an example for me how i must do that, here a picture of my Blueprint.

Comment

can neverone help me?

Comment

Do as follow:
          - Create an ActorBP, inside put the Object2
          - Create an ActorBP, inside put the Object1, set is as movable, and while selected, in the detail panel scroll down to "Component tag", and add a tag ( name it Object1 ), also make sure that the collision is set to Overlap All
          - Open the ActorBP for Object2, select the static mesh Object2, on the collision make sure that is set to Overlap all, then select the Object2 mesh, in the details panel scroll to the very bottom, and choose Event On Begin Overlap
          - You'll find yourself in the Event Graph, with the On begin overlap node, so from there drag a pin and choose Branch
          - then from the "Other component" of the same on begin overlap node, drag the pin and type "component has tag", and put "Object1" as the tag, then drag the boolean onto the Branch node ( so that the component will overlap only with objects named Object1
          - From the True pin of the Branch, drag it and choose Attach to Actor, select the parent and actor ( object1 and object2 respectively ), set it to snap to target for position/rotation/scale, and in VR try to overlap the components and see if everything works accordingly.

You might do some tweaking, especially on how the components will snap together, but what I described above is the base of what should happen in order for the component to snap together.
          ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Reality View Post
            Do as follow:
            - Create an ActorBP, inside put the Object2
            - Create an ActorBP, inside put the Object1, set is as movable, and while selected, in the detail panel scroll down to "Component tag", and add a tag ( name it Object1 ), also make sure that the collision is set to Overlap All
            - Open the ActorBP for Object2, select the static mesh Object2, on the collision make sure that is set to Overlap all, then select the Object2 mesh, in the details panel scroll to the very bottom, and choose Event On Begin Overlap
            - You'll find yourself in the Event Graph, with the On begin overlap node, so from there drag a pin and choose Branch
            - then from the "Other component" of the same on begin overlap node, drag the pin and type "component has tag", and put "Object1" as the tag, then drag the boolean onto the Branch node ( so that the component will overlap only with objects named Object1
            - From the True pin of the Branch, drag it and choose Attach to Actor, select the parent and actor ( object1 and object2 respectively ), set it to snap to target for position/rotation/scale, and in VR try to overlap the components and see if everything works accordingly.

You might do some tweaking, especially on how the components will snap together, but what I described above is the base of what should happen in order for the component to snap together.
            Hi Enter Reality ,
            I have followed the method you made but it didn't work, what's wrong?

Comment

Difficult to say, post some BP screensho
              Originally posted by MasMenOKE View Post

Hi Enter Reality ,
              I have followed the method you made but it didn't work, what's wrong?
              Difficutl to say, please post some BP screenshots
              ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Difficult to say, post some BP screensho

Difficutl to say, please post some BP screenshots
                Hi Enter Reality ,
                I can already do it, but i want to make more then 1 step for example i have object 3 and i want to attach to object 2, but before i can attach object 3 to object 2 i must attach object 1 first. so what i must to do ?
                Last edited by MasMenOKE; 10-17-2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MasMenOKE View Post

Hi Enter Reality ,
                  I can already do it, but i want to make more then 1 step for example i have object 3 and i want to attach to object 2, but before i can attach object 3 to object 2 i must attach object 1 first. so what i must to do ?
                  You can do the following:
                  - Create a Boolean, name it "Object 2 attached?", set it to false
                  - At the end of the Object 2 "On Overlap begin" chained node, add your Boolean you just created ( drag it into the graph with Alt pressed, this auto select "Set" ), and set it to True, meaning that when the object 2 is snapped, the boolean turns to true.
                  - Do the same overlapping setup for Object 3 as described for the Object1 and 2
                  - Select the mesh for Object 3, select "On Overlap Begin", add a Branch and the boolean will be the "Object 2 Attached" you previously created

By doing this setup you're sure that, if you want to attach object 3, if Object 2 is already attached then Object 3 will be attached, otherwise it won't be attached.
                  ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

You can do the following:
                    - Create a Boolean, name it "Object 2 attached?", set it to false
                    - At the end of the Object 2 "On Overlap begin" chained node, add your Boolean you just created ( drag it into the graph with Alt pressed, this auto select "Set" ), and set it to True, meaning that when the object 2 is snapped, the boolean turns to true.
                    - Do the same overlapping setup for Object 3 as described for the Object1 and 2
                    - Select the mesh for Object 3, select "On Overlap Begin", add a Branch and the boolean will be the "Object 2 Attached" you previously created

By doing this setup you're sure that, if you want to attach object 3, if Object 2 is already attached then Object 3 will be attached, otherwise it won't be attached.
                    i have tried it but still cant, did i make a mistake ?

this is my blueprintClick image for larger version

Name:	forum.PNG
Views:	171
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1544099

Comment

Working...
                    X