Cant collide meshes attached to a socket with static meshes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant collide meshes attached to a socket with static meshes

Hey everyone. I'm making a floppy disk terminal system in which different floppy disks display different information in a terminal.

The way I have my VR Hands interaction setup, when I grab an actor that I've defined as pickupable in unreal, I attach it to it's correspondent socket in the hand grabbing it, but one unfortunate byproduct of this is that I need to set the isSimulatingPhysics boolean off on the actor itself, or else it just attaches to the socket for the duration of a tick and then doesnt actually follow the hand around. This ends up letting me interact with other physics enabled objects (like flinging other floppy disks in the level around while grabbing a different floppy disk), but whenever I expect it to overlap with a box collision while still attached to the hand and set off it's onOverlap Event it doesnt work as expected.

However, when the floppy disk stops being grabbed, and I detach it from the socket and set the isSimulatingPhysics boolean back on, it now triggers the event.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance
Working...
X