Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by aussieburger View Post
    Here is the my surface mesh blueprint that works for ARKit and ARCore added to the default Handheld AR template:
    Thank you so much for sharing this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is the my surface mesh blueprint that works for ARKit and ARCore added to the default Handheld AR template:

https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...urfaceMesh.zip

It's not 100% perfect but has faded edges like the google arcore material does it.

I added a custom function updatePlanes to the main AR pawn blueprint which loads a proceedural mesh blueprint. It is dynamically resized on tick.
    It was good enough for my project and hopefully helps someone that also wanted to keep their project blueprints

To put this in your own project:
    1. Migrate the asset: proceduralMesh_BP using the engine migrate function. It will copy the material and texture with it then
    2. Copy the updatePlanes function (located in BP_ARPawn) into your pawn and create all the required variables (just right mouse click on them and hit 'create variable')
    3. Call this function when required

PS: Someone that understands procedural meshes more could vastly improve that mesh creation logic I have in there I guess to better fit the area
    Last edited by aussieburger; 10-12-2018, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I managed to do this by duplicating what the ARCore Hellow AR sample project does (It has a working example of this but seems to use some custom ARCore functions). It creates and resizes a procedural mesh component to match the tracked surface geometry on each tick. It was not easy to recreate this in blueprints only so it also works on ARKit , but managed to work it out eventually after a lot of trial and error

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would also like to know this

Leave a comment:

• [ARkit] Custom Material for Debug Draw Tracked Geometry

Hi guys,I just want to know how cound I apply a custom material for the tracked plane.
    Any suggestion?

Maybe like this?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chnama; 04-20-2018, 03:40 AM.
Working...
X