Handheld AR World Origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plastik21 View Post
    Lutherbrian, Unfortunately, I couldn't find the proper way out of the box to scale the level except manually go over all actors and scale each of them individually. In my project I only spawn a single actor in level which basically is a mesh with sounds and particles. And then just scale the actor (SetWorldScale3D). It's suitable for my project purposes. Indeed not fully - particles are scaled incorrectly - the size is scaled, but velocities are left the same. I guess I have to scale velocities as well and probably some other particle system parameters. So much headache
    plastik21 Perhaps try Set World Scale to Meters?

Comment

I hope its ok to Necro an old thread, I just wanted to say thank you to plastik21 as your screenshot finally helped me solve this.
      I wanted to set AR Alignment at players feet (assuming tracked plane is ground) and was going crazy. You are right it is very strange there is no 'Get AR Alignment'.

Comment

Hi.
        Could somebody share whole screen of blueprint? im newbie and if i follow the pic still cant get the result
        It help me a lot.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by darecekkk View Post
          Hi.
          Could somebody share whole screen of blueprint? im newbie and if i follow the pic still cant get the result
          It help me a lot.
          Thanks
          Bump if it can be done.

Was curious, and apologies for reviving the old thread..but when you say world origin, does it mean the transform of the placed/detected plane, or is it the transform of the level itself? So 0,0,0 inside a normal non ar game?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by plastik21 View Post
            Finally, I've managed to set world alignment correctly: https://youtu.be/LPw-Von1r2g
            You need to keep current world alignment transform somewhere like in pawn's variable (it is strange there is no GetAlignmentTransform node). It's identity by default.
            If you want to move your world origin to some spot, you should get inverse transform of that spot and compose it with current world alignment transform. See attached screenshot.

And as I said in the post above GetLocalToTrackingTransform and GetLocalToWorldTransform nodes of a TraceResult object always return identical transforms. I think this is bug. Because why do we need these two identical spaces?
            Thank you so much! I'm finally able to do it.

I really hope that the folks at Epic do another AR training video and explain a bit more on this topic.
            Gabriel Enriquez
            Blueprints, C++, VR, AR Developer | 3D Environment Artist

My Portfolio: ArtStation
            Profile Links: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Steam

Comment

Working...
            X