Patch for Vive Trackers support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AverInv View Post
    YuriNK, I can't seem to get the Output Pin of the Vive Tracker (pin 1) to register any haptic events from Unreal. I also tried Force Feedback and that didn't work either. The pin seemed to just sit at 0 volts when it should go up to 3.3v.

Any idea why that might be the case? Could you please help? =)
    Input doesn't work with SteamVR beta. You can disable betas in SteamVR properties in Steam.
    Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
    Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
    And random stuff at Youtube

Comment

Hmm, I am currently using the non-beta version of SteamVR and my inputs are working fine. But the haptic output pin (pin 1) doesn't seem to be working - is it working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by AverInv View Post
        Hmm, I am currently using the non-beta version of SteamVR and my inputs are working fine. But the haptic output pin (pin 1) doesn't seem to be working - is it working for you?
        Ok, it's possible that haptic doesn't work, I didn't test it. I'll see if I can do something with it when I have time.
        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation

Comment

Hello!

It works well on 4.19 but when I use the project in 4.20, my character is scaled ultra large when he appears.
          Any Idea?

Here is a video capture of the probleme
          https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iD...8Y1QTrOJ-KH7XR
          Last edited by RichGouD; 08-16-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RichGouD View Post
            Hello!

It works well on 4.19 but when I use the project in 4.20, my character is scaled ultra large when he appears.
            Any Idea?

Here is a video capture of the probleme
            https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iD...8Y1QTrOJ-KH7XR
            It happens because I forgot to reset settings in the 4.20 project. I'll upload a fixed version tomorrow, but you can fix it very quickly:

Comment

YuriNK Thanks for the compiled binaries! This looks great however, when I try it in 4.20 with the current stable SteamVR, I do not get any inputs from the Tracker Pogo. Do you know if it should work on current stable SteamVR?

Comment

Hooray! The bug will be fixed in 4.21.

Comment

I am having an issue where my Vive Trackers are sometimes rotating when I start UE4. Before I press the VR Preview button in Unreal I can see them in my headset in the correct position. However, once I press the VR Preview button to start the Unreal scene, some of the trackers rotate around to face the wrong way...and it is the actual orientation of the tracker, not just the display mesh. Any ideas to prevent this?

Thanks!
                  http://www.fusionlabz.com

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                    Hooray! The bug will be fixed in 4.21.
                    Where do you see this will be fixed?
                    All of these bugs will be fixed in 4.21?

* bug fix: crash at the engine startup with 4+ Vive Trackers
                    * bug fix: with 3+ Vive Trackers: any input event from the left motion controller cause crash
                    * bug fix: Steam_Generic_Trigger, Steam_Generic_Touchpad, Steam_Generic_Grip, Steam_Generic_Menu events for Vive Trackers declared, but not initialized
                    * bug fix: bad mapping of Vive Trackers to EControllerHand after turning off and on one of the trackers (multiple trackers could be mapped to the same Special_N key)

I wanted to mention that I had narrowed down further on my issue with using 3 vive tracker pucks and the 4 way lighthouse tracking causing a crash. The error seems similar to error we get when using 4+ vive trackers, but I wanted to mention i also noticed there seems to be an additional issue with the order of registering of the 3rd and 4th lighthouses. They must be turned on after the 3 vive trackers are turned on for everything to work correctly, or you will also get a crash. Would it make sense for me to add this to the bug report if they are fixing in 4.21? Can produce the stack trace etc. Would really love to have this fixed same time if they are going to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBots View Post

Where do you see this will be fixed?
                      All of these bugs will be fixed in 4.21?

* bug fix: crash at the engine startup with 4+ Vive Trackers
                      * bug fix: with 3+ Vive Trackers: any input event from the left motion controller cause crash
                      * bug fix: Steam_Generic_Trigger, Steam_Generic_Touchpad, Steam_Generic_Grip, Steam_Generic_Menu events for Vive Trackers declared, but not initialized
                      * bug fix: bad mapping of Vive Trackers to EControllerHand after turning off and on one of the trackers (multiple trackers could be mapped to the same Special_N key)

I wanted to mention that I had narrowed down further on my issue with using 3 vive tracker pucks and the 4 way lighthouse tracking causing a crash. The error seems similar to error we get when using 4+ vive trackers, but I wanted to mention i also noticed there seems to be an additional issue with the order of registering of the 3rd and 4th lighthouses. They must be turned on after the 3 vive trackers are turned on for everything to work correctly, or you will also get a crash. Would it make sense for me to add this to the bug report if they are fixing in 4.21? Can produce the stack trace etc. Would really love to have this fixed same time if they are going to fix it.
                      1. No, just three first lines will be fixed.
                      2. Changes were commited to vr-dev branch at github. They implemented new SteamVR input system based on actions and fixed wrong arrays size (caused crashes).
                      3. You definitly should report about order of registering of the 3rd and 4th lighthouses.

Comment

1. No, just three first lines will be fixed.
                        2. Changes were commited to vr-dev branch at github. They implemented new SteamVR input system based on actions and fixed wrong arrays size (caused crashes).
                        3. You definitly should report about order of registering of the 3rd and 4th lighthouses.
                        Thanks good to know. Would you have any suggestions for me on how to report in a way that gets the people working on this to notice quickly? This will be my first bug report so could use any tips you might have. Really want this solved.. it's such a pain to have to turn off the 3rd and 4th lighthouses before registering trackers each time i restart steam VR.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBots View Post

Thanks good to know. Would you have any suggestions for me on how to report in a way that gets the people working on this to notice quickly? This will be my first bug report so could use any tips you might have. Really want this solved.. it's such a pain to have to turn off the 3rd and 4th lighthouses before registering trackers each time i restart steam VR.
                          Just use bug submission form: https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/
                          As more information you give, as better.

Comment

Just use bug submission form: https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/
                            As more information you give, as better.
                            I submitted the bug, but they didn't add it, and just added a small note of mine to UE-54387 as it has the same stack trace. They said to reply if it's still an issue with 4.21 preview when it's out in a couple of weeks. I think it's separate bug in that it either crashes or works based only on ordering of the lighthouse devices in steamVR (with the same ammount of registered devices). Will try again when 4.21 is out with that version and report again if it's still broken.

Comment

Yes. It's different issue for sure

Comment

Hello. Has 4.21 fixed the pogo pin events? Can anyone get them to work now? Whats the name of the official events?

Comment

Working...
                                X