Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch for Vive Trackers support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I tested your VMG project quickly just now and it wasn't giving me any messages when I used the tracker inputs unfortunately.

    Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by AverInv View Post
      I tested your VMG project quickly just now and it wasn't giving me any messages when I used the tracker inputs unfortunately.
      Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?
      Hmm. It worked a few weeks ago.
      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by AverInv View Post
        YuriNK , thanks for that. I will try that packaged project when I return home. I have already tried the version in your previous post and that didn't work either unfortunately.

        if it helps, my blue prints are also now giving me warnings below the input events in the blueprint. They say:
        InputKey Event specifies invalid FKey'Steam_Generic_Trigger' for Steam_Generic_Trigger

        Please see attached.
        Do warnings disappear after 'Compile'?
        Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
        Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
        And random stuff at Youtube

        Comment


          #34
          For all (who have my ViveMocap plugin!):

          Please, try to download and package this project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13v...L5OhGTeU3n-A1c
          It should 1) work with multiple Vive Trackers 2) receive input (Trigger and Touchpad) from Vive Trackers and write messages in the Text Render Component.
          The first works for me, the second I can't test.

          The idea is to figure out what cause the problem. If you have crashes with this project packaged (I and don't), the problem is in distribution of the patch and I need to remove some files from the archive. If it works for you as for me, the problem is somewhere in your projects.

          I'm using 4.19.2.

          Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
          And random stuff at Youtube

          Comment


            #35
            Clicking compile does clear the warnings. (edited)

            Yes it was working for me weeks ago too, but for some reason not anymore. I will do more testing with a fresh new project.

            If you have a tracker you can test inputs yourself by shorting between the pogo pins (the tracker dev guide page 19 provides instructions: https://dl.vive.com/Tracker/Guidelin...lines_v1.6.pdf).

            Hopefully others can chime in regarding whether it works for them too so I know if its me doing something wrong.
            Last edited by AverInv; 06-05-2018, 12:09 PM.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by AverInv View Post
              If you have a tracker you can test inputs yourself by shorting between the pogo pins (the tracker dev guide page 19 provides instructions: https://dl.vive.com/Tracker/Guidelin...lines_v1.6.pdf).
              I can't. Does it work for you in editor?

              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
              And random stuff at Youtube

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                MagicBots
                Hi,

                * Did you try to launch the project with two lighthouses? Actually, I thought SteamVR doesn't support more then two lighthouses yet.
                * Do you use input events from Vive Trackers (Steam Generic Trigger, Steam Generic Grip etc)? If yes, don't use them via Input mapping. Only direct events in blueprint.
                * Try to package in Development configurtaion (File -> Package Project -> Build Configuration -> Development). Does it crash too?

                Also, try to delete fully SteamVR plugin folder (Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR) with all containing files and replace it by this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WM...dSor1rZsLiBEzB

                Sorry, I can't find zip archive with log.

                So the issue here just turned out to be with derived files, i deleted all derive files and folders, rebuilt project files, and rebuilt.
                Now everything works with the 4 way tracking and my 3 trackers with your patch. So thanks!

                Yes, 4 way tracking is working with steamVR. You just need to poke the pinhole in the back of two of the light houses to change the channel to S2 and S3 so they aren't conflicting with your other two lighthouses until you get all 4 showing up in steamVR... ( of course try at your own risk ).
                Not sure why HTC is saying it's not available at the moment. Maybe because of ongoing issues like this one with unreal's current steamVR integration etc...

                They are starting to enable many more lighthouses than 4 in beta. I think 4 lighthouses is still the max within the same tracking volume at the moment.
                Last edited by MagicBots; 06-07-2018, 05:20 AM.

                Comment


                  #38
                  MagicBots, are the tracker inputs working for you mate?
                  Last edited by AverInv; 06-10-2018, 06:50 AM.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    yukiNk, good news, I have reverted from SteamVR Beta to the main SteamVR version and my tracker inputs have returned!

                    There is also a version of SteamVR beta called 'openvr-inputemulator-temporary' and I am finding that the tracker inputs are working on that version also.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by AverInv View Post
                      yukiNk, good news, I have reverted from SteamVR Beta to the main SteamVR version and my tracker inputs have returned!

                      There is also a version of SteamVR beta called 'openvr-inputemulator-temporary' and I am finding that the tracker inputs are working on that version also.
                      Great. So I'll try again my screwdriver experiment with non-beta SteamVR.

                      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                      And random stuff at Youtube

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by MagicBots View Post


                        So the issue here just turned out to be with derived files, i deleted all derive files and folders, rebuilt project files, and rebuilt.
                        Now everything works with the 4 way tracking and my 3 trackers with your patch. So thanks!

                        Yes, 4 way tracking is working with steamVR. You just need to poke the pinhole in the back of two of the light houses to change the channel to S2 and S3 so they aren't conflicting with your other two lighthouses until you get all 4 showing up in steamVR... ( of course try at your own risk ).
                        Not sure why HTC is saying it's not available at the moment. Maybe because of ongoing issues like this one with unreal's current steamVR integration etc...

                        They are starting to enable many more lighthouses than 4 in beta. I think 4 lighthouses is still the max within the same tracking volume at the moment.
                        Hey YuriNK, et al.

                        After quite a bit of testing, the 4 way lighthouse tracking doesn't appear to be working with the steamVR patch. I was getting issues with some serious drift of one of my controllers or trackers, and at first I thought it was some sort of interferance, but I put back the old steamVR and the issue has gone away. I'm not sure what the patch does, but maybe it doesn't do everything needed for extra lighthouse devices. ​​​​​​ Sometimes it would work, but about 75 % of the time it wouldn't .. and one or two trackers/controllers would have that severe drift problem.. It seemed like the IMU would drift quite a ways before the lighthouse tracking would correct it. creating a drift pop back into place pattern..

                        Just thought I'd update in case anyone else was trying this.
                        Last edited by MagicBots; 06-19-2018, 06:44 AM.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by MagicBots View Post
                          After quite a bit of testing, the 4 way lighthouse tracking doesn't appear to be working with the steamVR patch. I was getting issues with some serious drift of one of my controllers or trackers, and at first I thought it was some sort of interferance, but I put back the old steamVR and the issue has gone away. I'm not sure what the patch does, but maybe it doesn't do everything needed for extra lighthouse devices.
                          The patch actually do nothing for lighthouses. It only fixes crashes for trackers, but SteamVR plugin itself has a lot of hard-coded stuff, so it's expected that it doesn't work with additional lighthouses, especially if they get device IDs before controllers and trackers.

                          Sometimes it would work, but about 75 % of the time it wouldn't
                          SteamVR gives IDs to additional devices as they turned on (starting at 3), so I'm sure that UE4 SteamVR plugin can either work or not depending on a sequence lighthouses and controllers were enabled.
                          Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                          And random stuff at Youtube

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
                            The patch actually do nothing for lighthouses. It only fixes crashes for trackers, but SteamVR plugin itself has a lot of hard-coded stuff, so it's expected that it doesn't work with additional lighthouses, especially if they get device IDs before controllers and trackers.


                            SteamVR gives IDs to additional devices as they turned on (starting at 3), so I'm sure that UE4 SteamVR plugin can either work or not depending on a sequence lighthouses and controllers were enabled.
                            Thanks, yeah I realize this patch wasn't intended to fix the multiple lighthouse issue at all. Just curious if you think that If I turned the additional lighthouses on last all the time it may work more consistently? I do think order of connection of the devices made a difference in whether it worked or not. If you think there's an order that it may work more consistently, i may try again. I really need the more robust tracking working for my application..

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by MagicBots View Post

                              Thanks, yeah I realize this patch wasn't intended to fix the multiple lighthouse issue at all. Just curious if you think that If I turned the additional lighthouses on last all the time it may work more consistently? I do think order of connection of the devices made a difference in whether it worked or not. If you think there's an order that it may work more consistently, i may try again. I really need the more robust tracking working for my application..
                              I'm not sure. Do you have any warnings from SteamVR plugin in output log?
                              Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
                              Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
                              And random stuff at Youtube

                              Comment


                                #45
                                YuriNK, I can't seem to get the Output Pin of the Vive Tracker (pin 1) to register any haptic events from Unreal. I also tried Force Feedback and that didn't work either. The pin seemed to just sit at 0 volts when it should go up to 3.3v.

                                Any idea why that might be the case? Could you please help? =)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X