No announcement yet.

Patch for Vive Trackers support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal that if I run the project in the editor on 4.18.3 everything works as expected, with no crashes, but if I package the project and try to run it, as soon as the 5th tracker is enabled it crashes again?
    So frustrating....please tell me that there is a solution for this
    ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Contact us for more informations

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Reality View Post
      Is it normal that if I run the project in the editor on 4.18.3 everything works as expected, with no crashes, but if I package the project and try to run it, as soon as the 5th tracker is enabled it crashes again?
      So frustrating....please tell me that there is a solution for this
      I only compiled dlls for Editor in 4.18.3 version. I use it for in-editor mocap, so it was enough for me. But 4.19 should work in packaged projects.
      Last edited by YuriNK; 04-12-2018, 01:40 AM.
      Markteplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Markteplace: VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Stuff on Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
        I only compiled dlls for Editor in 4.18.3 version. I use it for in-editor mocap, so it was enough for me. But 4.19 should work in packaged projects.
        Thanks for the reply, infact it just works in-editor, but I've recently upgraded a project from 4.16 ( where even in the packaged project there is no crash ) to 4.18.3, and I had a really bad surprise when I tested everything, mostly because I'm doing a tech demo for a potential customer, and the crash makes the entire upgrade worthless....also because I can't switch to 4.19 right now due to plugin compatibility, so I'm stuck with 4.18.3 or going back to 4.16, but doing half of the job again.

It would be possible for you to compile also the 4.18.3 version dlls? I would try to do that by myself, but I'm not that familiar with coding
        ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Enter Reality View Post

Thanks for the reply, infact it just works in-editor, but I've recently upgraded a project from 4.16 ( where even in the packaged project there is no crash ) to 4.18.3, and I had a really bad surprise when I tested everything, mostly because I'm doing a tech demo for a potential customer, and the crash makes the entire upgrade worthless....also because I can't switch to 4.19 right now due to plugin compatibility, so I'm stuck with 4.18.3 or going back to 4.16, but doing half of the job again.

It would be possible for you to compile also the 4.18.3 version dlls? I would try to do that by myself, but I'm not that familiar with coding
          Download UE4 sources and copy my fixed SteamVR plugin there (or just SteamVRController.cpp file), also, if you want to use it later with launcher version, copy EngineVersion.h from the launcher version sources to custom sources folder. Then package in non-editor configurations.

Upd. And don't copy Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor.modules file to the launcher version of the engine. It's important.
          Last edited by YuriNK; 04-12-2018, 03:10 AM.
          Markteplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Markteplace: VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Stuff on Youtube

Comment

Download UE4 sources and copy my fixed SteamVR plugin there (or just SteamVRController.cpp file), also, if you want to use it later with launcher version, copy EngineVersion.h from the launcher version sources to custom sources folder. Then package in non-editor configurations.

Upd. And don't copy Binaries/Win64/UE4Editor.modules file to the launcher version of the engine. It's important.
            Thanks for the quick update, glad to receive those advices

Can you clarify what you mean about "package in non-editor configurations"?
            I usually just build for win64 leaving all the options by default ( except for the Start in VR ), so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if the crash happens no matter what.

Anyway I'm waiting for a reply for the plugin I'm using for 4.19, and since you already answered to another person that it does work with 4.19, I can just update the project to 4.19 and everything will be good to go ( hopefully ).
            ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Enter Reality
              I mean build configurations in UE4 C++ project (screenshot).

Also, I think it makes sence to create empty 4.19 project with trackers and package to test before you update your main project.

Last edited by YuriNK; 04-12-2018, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Enter Reality
                I mean build configurations in UE4 C++ project (screenshot).

Also, I think it makes sence to create empty 4.19 project with trackers and package to test before you update your main project.

Thanks, I really appreciate the help!
                ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment

Update:

With 4.19 no crashes! thanks god

OT: I just sent you a PM related to the Vive Mocap Kit
                  ENTER REALITY

VR Solutions

Comment