Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find the proper WMR Motion Controller Thumbstick Axis value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find the proper WMR Motion Controller Thumbstick Axis value.

I just got myself a Windows Mixed Reality Headset. The HP one and I figured out most of the control mapping but I just cant find the thumbstick x & y value. Yes, I tried using the MotionController Thumbstick Axis but on the WMR controller its actually the touchpad and not the actually thumbstick. So I was wondering if anyone knows what the thumbstick value for the WMR Motion Controller?
    Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
    Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Same problem here. It should be possible since the WMR headsets work over SteamVR.

Comment

have you solved this problem?

Comment

Nope. Been using touch pad since.
        Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
        [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
        Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

I am also looking to figure this out - anyone find a solution yet?

Comment

The steam vr plugin does not surface any events for thumbsticks other than the touchpad (the only thumbstick the Vive controller has).

I have a PR here to surface thumbstick events for secondary thumbstick axes:
            https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4874

Comment

I found a temp fix/ workaround : https://www.windowscentral.com/how-e...y-steamvr-game
              The thumbsticks do work, but for some reason they also map to the brush over area on the round circle thing.

Comment

Working...
              X