Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few questions about camera

hello.

1.- its just me or when i enter in stereo mode the camera ins't the same place? i notice that in my tests and in the VR Template. Seems more advance.

2.- another questions its about VR template made by other dev in this forom, and the no head character, i not understand why the camera can't see the head, and how can he do that

3.- the user height, when i enter in VR mode UE4 not consider that variable right? its possible known the height of the user (BP) for place the camera?
    pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

1. The camera is offset based on the virtual head model.

2. If its the one I'm thinking of, the head isn't visible due to the near clipping plane.

3. Unless you setup your project to read that setting, no.
    It all depends on how you want to set things up.
    If you use a simple floating camera, not attached to a body of any kind, you can simply adjust the height of said camera.
    If you use an attached camera, you'll need to scale the model it is attached to.
    Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

thanks. i going to check all this.

Comment

about the second answerd i check that, i found i can change that setting in General Settings but that not how he do that, the default its 10 like other examples, and change that to 1 still not see the head.

anyway i looking for change that option few days ago, nice.

and in i move the head in front of the camera still hidden, visible its checked and in the mirror in the template reflect the head.

edit: ok finnally found it, there are the option "Owner not see"
        Last edited by knack; 08-19-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I noticed when my game starts on the DK2, the camera is a bit too high. I have a button set to "Reset Orientation and Position" which is a blueprint node under "Head Mounted Display". On DK1 I merely used this to counter the drift. On DK2 this seems to result in the camera moving down quite a bit, way more than what the original camera position would be.

I'm not sure what the best practice is here. The goal is to have the camera in VR at the exact same position as it would normally be, that is near the character eyes. Then there needs to be a key to reset the position so the player can tweak it to his seating position if he wants to.

Comment

yep i use in my test a key for reset, its a must have.

when i see to the floor the rift i see the character shoes, when i see with mouse i see the chest (that what i want since when i see to the floor in real i see my chest) i try that change HeadModel 0,0,0 but nothing change,

i not investigate too much that yet. if someone have any idea ...
            Last edited by knack; 08-19-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Oops i modified in one project and check in other.
              that works

edit: well near, still missed the chest, if i activate the stereo in my main monitor and move the rift work like i want, but if i do alt+enter i can see the character chest.
              Last edited by knack; 08-19-2014, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X