Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UVRF - Handpresence temple for Rift / Vive (+ free shooting range) // Update 1.1 (Dash + Highlights)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVRF - Handpresence temple for Rift / Vive (+ free shooting range) // Update 1.1 (Dash + Highlights)

UVRF is ‘hand presence’ cross platform template including hands that are properly placed in space (per platform), properly animated, allows interaction with objects including UI elements and teleport locomotion. Also including shooting range demo to shows how things can work together.

Downloads
    Source > http://infinite.cz/UVRF/UVRF-Template.zip
    Binary build > http://infinite.cz/UVRF/UVRF-Binary.zip

Framework part (that can be copied from projects to project)
    > Hands that are properly placed in space and rotated
    > 17 Grab animations for different objects
    > actions with Thumb or Index finger are sent to grabbed object
    > boost for throws based on movement in last 200ms
    > per platform input mapping and logic
    > basic haptics
    > teleport locomotion using NavMesh (with rotation support on Rift)
    > Touch UI elements - buttons of various sizes and slider bar

Playground part:
    Instead of a feature showing map, we created a simple underground bunker experience with shooting range to show how things can work together. The assets are high quality.
    > Gun that supports real reloading (magazines are all around)
    > Target practice that counts score (first 10 bullets)
    > Bullets can break lights or steam pipes around.
    > Lighter that can lit up candles or dynamites
    > Explosive, Smoke and Flashbang grenades
    > Cup and can for grabs
    > Also, there is a hidden fidget spinner

Licence
    CC0 - You can use the framework or any assets even within commercial projects. If you find this template useful, we’d like to be credited where applicable.

The purpose of this
    While there are more advanced VR templates, and shout out to those maintaining them, we wanted to create something simple, that can be copied from project to project, that’s simple to understand and build upon. Other problem there was was solving multiplatform input, when we often want things behave differently based on what platform is being used. The input model ControllerBP > HandBP > Ingame objects solves that.

Platforms
    Rift + Touch
    HTC Vive with original controllers
    (more will be hopefully added soon)

Update 1.1
    Oculus Dash Support
    Added ClearGrab, when object can no longer be grabbed
    Added GrabObject function to HandBP, so object can be grabbed as reaction to some ingame event (like changing objects in hand)
    Grab now looks for closest object to grab, which is useful when there are multiple small objects around
    Highlights the object that is about to be grabbed, this is Optional - set the correct flag in HandBP and requires custom stencil enabled.
    Adjusted hand position for Touch controllers for better fit
    Touch controller model added, with permission from Oculus. The model remains under Oculus SDK License (included in Touch controller root).

Particle flipbooks from Unity were used, as well as sound assets from freesound, both were released under CC0 licence. Oculus Touch controller models and animations are released under Oculus SDK License, with permission.

Hope you’ll find this useful!
    Last edited by ENiKS; 12-08-2017, 12:50 PM.
    Proud member of iNFINITE Production - VR and hi-tech development studio (sometimes) available for hire.

Thank you for sharing. Sounds like fun from the demo movie, will give it a try!
    CTO | Head of VR Development
    Visit us at http://humanxr.com

Comment

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Brilliant, thanks a lot for this!

Comment

This is awesome! Thank you.

Comment

Fantastic!!!
          This is one of the best VR templates Iv'e been this keen to download a pull apart !
          I also had the idea of holding a lighter & lighting pipebombs ,this is going to save me a ton of work.
          Also managed to get a gun working but Not yet With manual reloading a clip .

I managed to get this far with my test sword snapping to the correct hand position, But you have done a great job of doing it, But my procedural mesh slicing is buggy
          Last edited by AlphaWolF; 11-21-2017, 02:31 PM.
          https://www.artstation.com/artist/alphawolf
          http://alphawolf-uk.deviantart.com/gallery/
          https://www.minds.com/AlphaWolF_uk

Comment

Very cool, will definitely check this out
            Plugins: TensorFlow - Socket.io Client - ZipUtility - Leap Motion - Hydra - Myo - RealSense - CIM

Comment

Super helpful, thanxx alot.
              Andy Probst
              Head of R&D / VR - Meilenstein Digital GmbH

Comment

Just a question, how can i deactivate teleporting ?
                I have a navmesh because of some AI actors but i don´t like to teleport.

Thanxx
                Andy Probst
                Head of R&D / VR - Meilenstein Digital GmbH

Comment

Awesome work guys, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Andyxor:
                    - If you want just to get rid of teleportation, you can disconnect the pins to Activate and Deactivate Teleport in controllers blueprints (Framework/Controllers - TouchController BP or ViveWand BP).

I'll try to get smooth locomotion in as an option in next release.
                    Proud member of iNFINITE Production - VR and hi-tech development studio (sometimes) available for hire.

Comment

Thank you! Its really really cool!

Comment

Hey this template looks great. But when i tried to migrate the assets to UE4.17 for my Sample VR Project in which i am working it is showing empty folders. I would be great if you provide the project for the UE4.17

Comment

Hey guys, first update!

Highlights

The object you're about to grab can become highlighted, which is useful when there are multiple small objects around and who want to know which one to pick. This is done as post process effect using custom stencil, so you need to have custom depth and stencil enabled, you need to add highlight material to your post process volume. This is also completely optional, if you don't want this simply set HighlightGrabs bool in HandBP to false.

Oculus Dash support
                          Oculus Dash and life cycle handling should be fully supported, the hands will completely dissappear and you cannot interact anyhow with the world when Dash is up. If you don't have Oculus VR plugin enabled, you're likely to seem compilation errorr, simply delete the problematic code. It seems like I'll be turning UVRF into a plugin to allow integration with things like gloves, so I'll wrap those platform specific functions into my own, so you don't have to worry about platforms at all.

Ingame controller (Touch only)
                          Also using menu button on Oculus Touch, you can now see the controller model in VR, and see your hand relation to it and grabbed object relation to it. Touch controller model is licensed under Oculus SDK license, so it's the only part of the demo that's not CC0. Full text of the license can be found '\Content\Framework\Controllers\Touch'.

Changelog 1.1
                          • Oculus Dash Support
                          • Added ClearGrab, when object can no longer be grabbed
                          • Added GrabObject function to HandBP, so object can be grabbed as reaction to some ingame event (like changing objects in hand)
                          • Grab now looks for closest object to grab, which is useful when there are multiple small objects around
                          • Highlights the object that is about to be grabbed, this is optional
                          • Touch controller model added, with permission from Oculus. The model remains under Oculus SDK License (included in Touch controller root).

Download: http://infinite.cz/UVRF/UVRF-Template.zip

Also some time ago a wrote a medium.com article about this >
                          https://blog.infinite.cz/achieving-h...e-df234bae8d8f

Once again I hope you'll find this useful
                          Last edited by ENiKS; 12-08-2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ENiKS View Post
                            Andyxor:
                            - If you want just to get rid of teleportation, you can disconnect the pins to Activate and Deactivate Teleport in controllers blueprints (Framework/Controllers - TouchController BP or ViveWand BP).

I'll try to get smooth locomotion in as an option in next release.
                            I would love for a smooth locomotion option not restricted to navigationMesh bounds, so I could free roam in a landscape actor. Otherwise this template rocks! Thank you so much for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                            X