Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE 4.4 Oculus 0.4.1 Integration

Hi,

Now that this release is out, is there any chance we'll see the 0.4.1 code integrated soon either on GitHub like last time or as a patch really soon?

Thanks!

There appears to be a 4.4 branch there now.

Comment

True, but no commits

Comment

Not luck, nothing in the changelog. seems we going to need recompile.
        pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

The Main branch on the Github just had the 0.4.1 libs and support added in so I wouldn't expect this to be in 4.4.0 but in 4.5.0 at the latest.

The nice thing is anyone can get and compile the Main branch now for this support instead of waiting =)

Comment

Sad, hoped to have proper support for 0.4.1 in 4.4.

Comment

atm i will wait for the official release, if there are any improvement in performance i recompile. 4.4 with 0.3 support its enough for dev and i not want release nothing yet.

Directmode seems too buggy anyway. if going to work like 0.3 but without kill service only i spend my time in others things.

if anyone recompile and works better inform please.
              Last edited by knack; 08-15-2014, 01:32 PM.
              pd: excuse my english.

lfw/paid modeling, painting, texturing.

Comment

If you guys want, when Oculus puts up their 4.4 build that uses 0.4.1 SDK, I will compile it and commit the Editor binaries to my (private/forked) Github repo for you all.
                Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                  If you guys want, when Oculus puts up their 4.4 build that uses 0.4.1 SDK, I will compile it and commit the Editor binaries to my (private/forked) Github repo for you all.
                  If you could do this for the 4.3.1 with Oculus patch, that would be awesome. Because honestly it could take a week or more before Oculus puts out a 4.4 patched build.

Comment

Originally posted by Cindori View Post
                    If you could do this for the 4.3.1 with Oculus patch, that would be awesome. Because honestly it could take a week or more before Oculus puts out a 4.4 patched build.
                    Will do! I actually already have that built.

Can anyone tell what parts exactly are needed so I don't go uploading a bunch of irrelevant stuff? Also my upload is fairly slow - might take a bit.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
                      Will do! I actually already have that built.

Can anyone tell what parts exactly are needed so I don't go uploading a bunch of irrelevant stuff? Also my upload is fairly slow - might take a bit.
                      Waiting anxiously
                      Just zip everything and upload to mega.

Comment

Not sure its in the terms of service to upload the editor to mega unless read access to this forum is blocked except to active subscribers that is. Anything from Editor and Development are basically off limits so publishing to github is really only proper way to distribute those to my knowledge. I think you can upload games/demos in compiled form though without the editor. Corrections would be welcome if I'm wrong on this point.

I actually did the work to make 0.4.1 work with 4.4. I'm not sure there are major benefits other than not having to pause the service to run demos. I'd upload to github but I wouldn't say I did a great job of it and I'm sure and official one will come in the next week or so in any case with better support. Couldn't get Direct to HMD to work in any case with UE4 and sounds like it might not be that great anyway. I'll see what is required and post back if I actually do it.

Edit: I will at least make my code changes available I guess. My repository is git@github.com:theoabbott/UnrealEngine.git. And the Branch is 0.4.1-Integration.

The Patch file is here: https://github.com/theoabbott/Unreal...-Changes.patch I don't know how to point at a downloadable version but it will allow you I think to get get the raw from the interface if you just want a patch. There may be an ignore or two that shouldn't be there but not compelled to fix at the moment.
                        Last edited by The Other Abbott; 08-16-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

You aren't allowed to share the editor or the source code for UE4, you can only share things you've created and cooked games.

Comment

As The Other Abbot says, I can't put it on Mega - that's definitely not allowed. From what I understand of the discussion in the threads about mods, providing an editor binary on Github in the private repos (which means current subscribers only) is fine.

I would like to know how I can slim down the upload, because I definitely can't up the full built editor with all the stuff at my crappy upload speed.

Comment

So I looked a bit and seems like .gitignore for VS related files (pdb in particular) should do the trick for committing the binaries for 4.3.1 with 0.4.1 SDK support. I'll try to get to that today so I can commit it overnight on my slow upload.

I'll also look at trying to get Oculus' 4.4 into my fork, compile that and also commit the binaries for it (I'm not using 4.4 yet but I want to of course).

Comment

Working...
                              X