Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero-G hand-based movement, locomotion mechanics similar to Lone Echo/Echo VR (Updated 1/23/19)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate the work though man. This stuff is no picnic that's for sure. I'm more of an art guy, but have done a little in blueprints, and it's always a pain in the *** to figure most things out.

Comment

Im having issues replicating this in 20.3, i cant seem to get tracking working. it works in 19.2. ive tried opening up rour project in UE4 20.3 but it wont load.

Comment

Just to let everyone know, I updated the project using UE 4.21.2, and added a few new features, like wall-bounces, boost/brake, snap-turning.. Everything seems to be working great now!

Originally posted by Lite5h4dow View Post
        Im having issues replicating this in 20.3, i cant seem to get tracking working. it works in 19.2. ive tried opening up rour project in UE4 20.3 but it wont load.
        hmmm, not sure what might be the problem, it worked for others.. But I did just update the UE4 version to 4.21, so maybe try that if you can?
        Last edited by NikoKun; 01-24-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

You rock, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by crumbaker View Post
            How hard would it be to create an area within a level to have standard gravity? By the way thanks for this having a blast with it. Also the head bouncing thing is definitely something I would like to see too, even if it's not perfect stopping suddenly is sort of jarring and causes motion sickness easily. I know it's not much but I don't have a lot of money and could throw you $25 via paypal to get the body bouncing off objects working, I wouldn't be surprised if others could chip in for that feature too.
            crum. Did you know the Head Bounce Problem in the Zero G experiment has been solved? He even added '45 degree Snap Turn' at my request! (a TRULY DECENT GUY!! I thought you'd like to know if you didn't already! The updated project, is at the top of this page (updated link..)

Come subscribe! I'm releasing a TON of VR tutorials about New (and old) Ultimate Optimization Techniques with AAA results in Unreal Engine in preparation for the OCULUS QUEST coming out. I want to really BLOW MINDS on it with unexpected quality,.. youtube.com/NextWorldVR
            Last edited by NextWorldVR; 03-13-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Niko It is AMAZING!!! I'm just getting into this part of my project again and WOW! You really made it Very Usable! It is wonderfully customizable. I have the most amazing ;'Trigger' Turbo going on! I am going to bring people to other planets! WHOO HOO!! (Thanks to you!)
              Would it be possible to make the hands so they are actually in the scene and not created at runtime? It seems like it would be easier figuring out how to do things like add collision to the fingers, (on constraints?) so they can move and grab cable systems then be spring back if you hold on, that kind of thing,.

THANKS AGAIN! HOW AMAZING! INTERSTELLAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NikoKun View Post
                Just to let everyone know, I updated the project using UE 4.21.2, and added a few new features, like wall-bounces, boost/brake, snap-turning.. Everything seems to be working great now!

hmmm, not sure what might be the problem, it worked for others.. But I did just update the UE4 version to 4.21, so maybe try that if you can?
                Hay THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS TEMPLATE!!!! I've got a problem though, i used your project in a underwater situation and i use the vrpawn with auto posses player0 for the start position because i need to attach the pawn to a moving object so i cant just start the level with "start player" the problem is when i use a vrpawn with auto posses player0 i can grab objects and move myself but after i let go i don't keep flying, i just stay stuck in place immediately.
                something to do with vrpawn physics maybe??
                How do i get the vray pawn to react as if i started the level with the "start player"?

Comment

Working...
                X