Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the Spectator Screen yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teapot Creation View Post

How did you do that exactly ? Using a command line or something ?
    r.setres 1920x1080f
    Last edited by 6r0m; 09-26-2017, 02:29 AM.
    Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

anyone please explain how to use interactable UI in texture of the "Set Spectator Screen Texture"?
      Igor, swamper, sole proprietorship

Comment

Originally posted by Joti View Post
        We had our own code to output a spectator cam to the main window a year ago and we used OBS to capture the window and combine it realtime with a green screen camera feed. If you do want a realtime result you need to run the game output through a capture card to enable OBS to delay the footage enough to sync with the camera footage. A one system hack way is to use xsplit to rebroadcast the game capture as a directshow device which OBS can then delay like it does with capture cards. For best results you need to render a foreground only view as well to composite on top of your green screen footage. The ideal setup is two machines and two low latency HD or 4k capture cards, one machine to run the VR and spectator views and one to capture and composite the result. That way you have enough guts on the capture machine to composite the video realtime on set and store the raw streams for hi quality compositing in post.
        Hello, is there a simple way to render a foreground-only image to the spectator screen? This would normally be everything between the HMD and the camera, to be used in composing the final MR footage.

Comment

I'm trying to use the Spectator Screen to have a simple watermark display over desktop computer screen (mirrored). Works great unless I'm using an image with an alpha layer... then it discards the alpha. Anyone have any ideas? For Non-VR games I did this with the HUD, but I don't want the watermark showing to the person inside the HMD.
          Alex Coulombe
          Creative Director
          Agile Lens: Immersive Design
          New York City
          www.agilelens.com

Comment

I have managed to get a 2D texture in the spectator screen, but the orientation for my vive tracker is all wrong. Location is correct, but in order to get it to work, I had to invert some math. I made a spect actor. I want to use this to make a mixed reality trailer. I work in a green screen space. So what I want to do is strap the tracker to a camera, and record the screen in 1080p with the texture renderer and a real camera. Here is what my current BP Looks like. The rotation just jitters out no matter what I do. The quality of my 2d texture is poor though. I don't know how to increase the quality either. Some insight as to where i'd need these nodes to be in order to function would really help.
            Last edited by J3WD4Z; 03-10-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks Tain, you saved me a lot of time

Comment

Working...
              X