No announcement yet.

Hololens Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Proteus, Thank you so much for your tutorial。I compile the uwp by the lastest dev_MixedReality branch "afd4b61b" with vs2017 and sdk 15063. That works fine in the Configuration to UWP64_Development_Editor and Platform to x64, but fails in the UWP64_Development and Platform to x64 or x86. Here is the errors:|
    LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:libogg.dll ignored; no imports found from libogg.dll
    LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:libvorbis.dll ignored; no imports found from libvorbis.dll
    Deploying UE4Game UWP32 Development...
    Prepping UE4 for deployment to UWP32
    EXEC : error : System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: 对未声明的特性组“http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/ma...的引用。
    在 System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet.InternalValidationCallback(Object sender, ValidationEventArgs e)
    在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.CompileLocalAttributes(XmlSchemaComplexType baseType, XmlSchemaComplexType derivedType, XmlSchemaObjectCollection attributes, XmlSchemaAnyAttribute anyAttribute, XmlSchemaDerivationMethod derivedBy)
    在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.CompileComplexContentExtension(XmlSchemaComplexType complexType, XmlSchemaComplexContent complexContent, XmlSchemaComplexContentExtension complexExtension)
    在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.CompileComplexType(XmlSchemaComplexType complexType)
    在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.Compile()
    在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.Execute(XmlSchemaSet schemaSet, SchemaInfo schemaCompiledInfo)
    在 System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet.Compile()
    在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPManifestGenerator.ValidateAppxManifest(String ManifestPath) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\ManifestGenerator.cs:行号 1906
    在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPManifestGenerator.CreateManifest(UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String InOutputPath, String InIntermediatePath, FileReference InProjectFile, String InProjectDirectory, List`1 InTargetConfigs, List`1 InExecutables, IEnumerable`1 InWinMDReferences) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\ManifestGenerator.cs:行号 795
    在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPDeploy.PrepForUATPackageOrDeploy(FileReference ProjectFile, String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, List`1 TargetConfigurations, List`1 ExecutablePaths, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bIsDataDeploy) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\UWPDeploy.cs:行号 196
    在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPDeploy.PrepTargetForDeployment(UEBuildDeployTarget InTarget) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\UWPDeploy.cs:行号 329
    在 UnrealBuildTool.UniversalWindowsPlatform.Deploy(UEBuildDeployTarget Target) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\UEBuildUWP.cs:行号 274
    在 UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, String[] Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\UnrealBuildTool.cs:行号 1629
    Total build time: 804.41 seconds (Local executor: 766.22 seconds)
    E:\SoftWare\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Game UWP32 Development -waitmutex -2017" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
    Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

i have no idea about it.

Comment

Hi Naitguolf! I had the same issues(GenerateProjectFiles ERROR) with you (I do it with win10 and VS2017), but now it was solved by add VisualStudio2017 installation items. I added Unreal Engine installer.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMiracle View Post
        Hi Proteus, Thank you so much for your tutorial。I compile the uwp by the lastest dev_MixedReality branch "afd4b61b" with vs2017 and sdk 15063. That works fine in the Configuration to UWP64_Development_Editor and Platform to x64, but fails in the UWP64_Development and Platform to x64 or x86. Here is the errors:|
        LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:libogg.dll ignored; no imports found from libogg.dll
        LINK : warning LNK4199: /DELAYLOAD:libvorbis.dll ignored; no imports found from libvorbis.dll
        Deploying UE4Game UWP32 Development...
        Prepping UE4 for deployment to UWP32
        EXEC : error : System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: 对未声明的特性组“http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/ma...的引用。
        在 System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet.InternalValidationCallback(Object sender, ValidationEventArgs e)
        在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.CompileLocalAttributes(XmlSchemaComplexType baseType, XmlSchemaComplexType derivedType, XmlSchemaObjectCollection attributes, XmlSchemaAnyAttribute anyAttribute, XmlSchemaDerivationMethod derivedBy)
        在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.CompileComplexContentExtension(XmlSchemaComplexType complexType, XmlSchemaComplexContent complexContent, XmlSchemaComplexContentExtension complexExtension)
        在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.CompileComplexType(XmlSchemaComplexType complexType)
        在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.Compile()
        在 System.Xml.Schema.Compiler.Execute(XmlSchemaSet schemaSet, SchemaInfo schemaCompiledInfo)
        在 System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaSet.Compile()
        在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPManifestGenerator.ValidateAppxManifest(String ManifestPath) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\ManifestGenerator.cs:行号 1906
        在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPManifestGenerator.CreateManifest(UnrealTargetPlatform TargetPlatform, String InOutputPath, String InIntermediatePath, FileReference InProjectFile, String InProjectDirectory, List`1 InTargetConfigs, List`1 InExecutables, IEnumerable`1 InWinMDReferences) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\ManifestGenerator.cs:行号 795
        在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPDeploy.PrepForUATPackageOrDeploy(FileReference ProjectFile, String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, List`1 TargetConfigurations, List`1 ExecutablePaths, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bIsDataDeploy) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\UWPDeploy.cs:行号 196
        在 UnrealBuildTool.UWPDeploy.PrepTargetForDeployment(UEBuildDeployTarget InTarget) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\UWPDeploy.cs:行号 329
        在 UnrealBuildTool.UniversalWindowsPlatform.Deploy(UEBuildDeployTarget Target) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UWP\UEBuildUWP.cs:行号 274
        在 UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, String[] Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile) 位置 E:\MICROSOFT_UWP_UNREAL\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\UnrealBuildTool.cs:行号 1629
        Total build time: 804.41 seconds (Local executor: 766.22 seconds)
        E:\SoftWare\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Game UWP32 Development -waitmutex -2017" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
        Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

i have no idea about it.
        That has been solved in dev_MixedReality with commit ceb64a5

Comment

Originally posted by yangxue View Post
          Hi Naitguolf! I had the same issues(GenerateProjectFiles ERROR) with you (I do it with win10 and VS2017), but now it was solved by add VisualStudio2017 installation items. I added Unreal Engine installer.
          Thank you! I will try it. I was able to build using a Windows 7 machine, then run the custom UE into a Windows 10 and able to open the project. But when I try to Package a version, then I have lots of errors... But first I will look at what you said. Again, thanks!

Comment

Hey Proteus , what does it mean if when you try to upload app to HoloLens, it says

DeployFailure reason: Failed to start deployment. Failure text: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (0x80073cfd)

Any help would be appreciated FROM @Microsoft Team. Our team has about 20 headsets, no Unity Developers and has been struggling getting this up and running.

Has anyone else had issues trying to actually get this on an HoloLens?

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7_ View Post
              Hey Proteus , what does it mean if when you try to upload app to HoloLens, it says

DeployFailure reason: Failed to start deployment. Failure text: A Prerequisite for an install could not be satisfied. (0x80073cfd)

Any help would be appreciated FROM @Microsoft Team. Our team has about 20 headsets, no Unity Developers and has been struggling getting this up and running.

Has anyone else had issues trying to actually get this on an HoloLens?
              I'm giving some love to WMR headsets and Hololens in the following days, I'll test that. Last time I checked there was no spatial mapping with the Hololens, so I've sadly worked with Unity, but I'm feverishly waiting for this feature in Unreal! I'll get back to you this week!

Comment

Thank you for all your effort. Proteus
                I will stay tuned to your great work.

Comment

Spatial Mapping has been added to the Mixed Reality branch.

Comment

I have successfully implemented Spatial Mapping in an app running on the HoloLens.

Comment

Here are some images from the HoloLens with Spatial Mapping
                      As the commit states the mesh is not aligned properly with the world, but it's good to see the progress the team is making.

Comment

Latest UWP Release and Dev-Mixed Reality Branch Hang on Load in HoloLens, :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYt1c_o8ess

Comment

Originally posted by mrg7_ View Post
                          Latest UWP Release and Dev-Mixed Reality Branch Hang on Load in HoloLens, :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYt1c_o8ess
                          Try the following :

Go to the source of the UE4 build
                          Run Setup.bat
                          Then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
                          After that rebuild UE4 in Visual Studio

If that didn't solve your problem then try to delete the gesture events in the Holo pawn bp

Please post your results here.
                          Have fun

Comment

Wow, I just joined, keep updating it please, I hope Epic will make UWP (Universal Windows Platform) as one of the option by default in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by shukenmg View Post

Try the following :

Go to the source of the UE4 build
                              Run Setup.bat
                              Then run GenerateProjectFiles.bat
                              After that rebuild UE4 in Visual Studio

If that didn't solve your problem then try to delete the gesture events in the Holo pawn bp

Please post your results here.
                              Have fun

WTF? Are you serious? Which commit did you use? Tell me it's true since I've a big Hololens project in a month and I was already resigned to do it in Unity... I was waiting for spatial mapping to give some news there.

I've spent the last month working with the Samsung Odyssey and Dell Vizor -- many bugs left -- but I did not fired the Hololens
                              since I was waiting for that. Will try it tonight and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus View Post

WTF? Are you serious? Which commit did you use? Tell me it's true since I've a big Hololens project in a month and I was already resigned to do it in Unity... I was waiting for spatial mapping to give some news there.

I've spent the last month working with the Samsung Odyssey and Dell Vizor -- many bugs left -- but I did not fired the Hololens
                                since I was waiting for that. Will try it tonight and report back.
                                I used the latest commit.
                                And I can get a solid 60 fps too
                                But UE4 still does not have a stabilization plane implemented yet so the holograms are shaky.
                                Apart from that it's great.

Comment

Working...
                                X