Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Access for ARKit for iOS available now on GitHub

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by matthewsimo View Post
    Yep, it's weird because I've used these same creds to do build some unity ARKit demos (they build out an Xcode project that you then build to device) to this same device. I'm not sure if it's Xcode 9 beta's new automatic provision profile and cert management features conflicting with the UE4 iOS build tools. I'll keep trying though and see if I come up with a work around.
    Yeah let me know, I'm deploying regularly though I nuked my profiles as I have new devices for testing so I haven't yet run into conflict.

    > LogPlayLevel: env: Code Signing Error: Provisioning profile "iOS Team Provisioning Profile: *" is Xcode managed, but signing settings require a manually managed profile.

    That line tells me that there may be a check-box we need to hit in Project Settings. Booting editor now
    Let's Connect [Twitter]

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by matthewsimo View Post
      Yep, it's weird because I've used these same creds to do build some unity ARKit demos (they build out an Xcode project that you then build to device) to this same device. I'm not sure if it's Xcode 9 beta's new automatic provision profile and cert management features conflicting with the UE4 iOS build tools. I'll keep trying though and see if I come up with a work around.
      Actually, do you have a number of other profiles in there? Can you select the one you wish to use?
      Let's Connect [Twitter]

      Comment


        #48
        I have followed the video tutorial carefully several times, and all of my successful hit tests return 70,0,100. I tried getting all anchors from the session and got an array of length 0. I am using an iPad 2017 with iOS 11 beta 5 and beta 6. I can use ARKit via Swift and SceneKit, getting valid his responses and placing objects onto real-world planes. The issue seems to only be with UE4.

        Any ideas?


        edit: fixed it with a reinstall of both ue4 and xcode.
        Last edited by dkloving; 08-24-2017, 08:59 AM.

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post

          Actually, do you have a number of other profiles in there? Can you select the one you wish to use?
          I was able to track this down, thanks for your help! It was just silly Apple provisioning profile & cert stuff - my valid personal apple dev account wasn't being picked up or used but my work dev account that had a new device that wasn't on the provisioning profile that it was using.

          Comment


            #50
            Does anyone have ARKit working in UE4 on an iPad 2017?


            edit: Now I do. Fixed it with a reinstall of both ue4 and xcode.
            Last edited by dkloving; 08-24-2017, 09:00 AM.

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Chance Ivey View Post
              BTW, this community-made video outlines the process pretty well. Check it out!
              Thanks to this community video I have it now working fine on an iPhone 6S - but I have an issue when I try this on an iPad Pro:
              the camera image is stretched/compressed and distorts the image, in addition the objects placed seem to move when walking around them.

              Any Idead how to fix that?

              Comment


                #52
                Hey everyone, wanted to make sure our new quick start guide is shared here:
                https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/b...-ue4-and-arkit

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by patrick.5thwall View Post

                  Thanks to this community video I have it now working fine on an iPhone 6S - but I have an issue when I try this on an iPad Pro:
                  the camera image is stretched/compressed and distorts the image, in addition the objects placed seem to move when walking around them.

                  Any Idead how to fix that?
                  So I had now the chance to test the Unreal ARSample provided by crowl and it works just fine on both iPhone & iPad. No screen or image distortions or stretching - so I went back to the other sample provided from the community video and tried to figure out what could be the problem. As it turns out, it's the material for the background (the one that is replaced by the camera feed).
                  I didn't go into detail yet about how or why, but I merged the material and all it's blueprints from the ARSample to the ARKitDemo and used it in the ARKitDemo - and voila, it's working.
                  It is very clear there is more to it than shown in the community video, but at this point I didn't have a chance to figure out why exactly. Just happy it works

                  Now I need to do the research why! Cheers.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by patrick.5thwall View Post

                    So I had now the chance to test the Unreal ARSample provided by crowl and it works just fine on both iPhone & iPad. No screen or image distortions or stretching - so I went back to the other sample provided from the community video and tried to figure out what could be the problem. As it turns out, it's the material for the background (the one that is replaced by the camera feed).
                    I didn't go into detail yet about how or why, but I merged the material and all it's blueprints from the ARSample to the ARKitDemo and used it in the ARKitDemo - and voila, it's working.
                    It is very clear there is more to it than shown in the community video, but at this point I didn't have a chance to figure out why exactly. Just happy it works

                    Now I need to do the research why! Cheers.
                    Check out the Material Functions and you'll see that it's doing a bit of scaling. This solves the issue that patrick.5thwall saw as well

                    The math is in those functions but should be a bit more straightforward once we roll out full production support.
                    Let's Connect [Twitter]

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by dkloving View Post
                      I have followed the video tutorial carefully several times, and all of my successful hit tests return 70,0,100. I tried getting all anchors from the session and got an array of length 0. I am using an iPad 2017 with iOS 11 beta 5 and beta 6. I can use ARKit via Swift and SceneKit, getting valid his responses and placing objects onto real-world planes. The issue seems to only be with UE4.

                      Any ideas?


                      edit: fixed it with a reinstall of both ue4 and xcode.
                      Good to hear, I wonder what the hang-up was... In any case, glad you're working again
                      Let's Connect [Twitter]

                      Comment


                        #56
                        great photo)
                        Always in touch with James Holver!

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Hi all.

                          I've been trying the arkit example. I find that camera feed is lagging a bit behind objects, and everything is sliding a bit. It becomes very clear if you move camera fast. It is also visible on TheUnrealist's youtube video, however he does not move that fast.

                          That does not happen on apple's examples, where objects are rock solid onto feed.

                          Any way to correct it?

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Hi all,

                            Just to clarify, You can't use this ARKit on a Windows version of UE4? You'll have to have a Mac and use the Mac version?
                            Modeller and many other things at Visualisation One

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by CGough View Post
                              Hi all,

                              Just to clarify, You can't use this ARKit on a Windows version of UE4? You'll have to have a Mac and use the Mac version?
                              It isn't supported with the current version of the engine, however, we plan to bring this functionality back soon.
                              Let's Connect [Twitter]

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Many thanks Chance, I just wanted to know so I can be sure I'm saying the right thing to relevant people.
                                Modeller and many other things at Visualisation One

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X