Single/Multiplayer, Touch & Vive Proteus blueprint only Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus View Post
    n3fox VOIP and Expressive Avatars used in combination works in tethered HMDs (Rift & S); for Go & Quest you have to choose between having VOIP or animated-mouth Expressive Avatars because a conflict in mic management in Android (you can still have VOIP and closed-mouth Avatars);

lagoluis Right.

n3fox Yeah, because the pawn is based on Oculus-Avatars code, it is not compatible with SteamVR. However, should be able to make it to next update.

cazetta URL is https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine ; using default launcher you won't have latest Oculus features + I made changes to Oculus Avatar plugin

pdf is in the git at https://github.com/ProteusVRpublic/ProteusTemplate
    Proteus do you think its possible to test multiplayer without using the Oculus Platform SDK? Just using UE4 multiplayer logic instead of Oculus. I guess I should've specified what I meant by multiplayer.

I would like to get a proof of concept up before I submit to Oculus and I would do it on rift but I don't have one at the moment.

Comment

Proteus is multiplayer possible on the quest if you dont have Oculus Platform access?

Comment

Originally posted by cazetta View Post

thanks for the reply man

the oculus-vr git link is not working for me
        cazetta You need to have access to the EPIC Games repository and be logged in to Github before it'll work. See: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
        Last edited by marc.isaacs; 06-26-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus View Post
          n3fox VOIP and Expressive Avatars used in combination works in tethered HMDs (Rift & S); for Go & Quest you have to choose between having VOIP or animated-mouth Expressive Avatars because a conflict in mic management in Android (you can still have VOIP and closed-mouth Avatars);

lagoluis Right.

n3fox Yeah, because the pawn is based on Oculus-Avatars code, it is not compatible with SteamVR. However, should be able to make it to next update.

cazetta URL is https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine ; using default launcher you won't have latest Oculus features + I made changes to Oculus Avatar plugin

pdf is in the git at https://github.com/ProteusVRpublic/ProteusTemplate
          Ok thank you very much for your response !

I wait the next release ton begin my learning ! Your great to help us.

Comment

Originally posted by lagoluis View Post
            Proteus is multiplayer possible on the quest if you dont have Oculus Platform access?
            jes, if you set it to anything else than oculus store in the configuration. If you want multiplayer trough the oculus store and oculus avatars you need to be an approved developer. Anything else works!

Comment

Originally posted by lagoluis View Post

Proteus do you think its possible to test multiplayer without using the Oculus Platform SDK? Just using UE4 multiplayer logic instead of Oculus. I guess I should've specified what I meant by multiplayer.

I would like to get a proof of concept up before I submit to Oculus and I would do it on rift but I don't have one at the moment.
              On rift its very easy, there you can work with the platform sdk and avatars etc etc. Anybody can quickly sign up as a rift dev and start working on titles. So you can go 90% with coding and testing on rift. For the last 10% you will need to be approved in order to work with the quest. If you dont want to use Oculus Avatars or the Oculus Matchmaking then you can even work with the quest. Just set it to Lan for example.

Comment

Originally posted by marc.isaacs View Post

cazetta You need to have access to the EPIC Games repository and be logged in to Github before it'll work. See: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ue4-on-github
                thank you for the response, I'm trying to install everything right now =)

Comment

Proteus i somehow cant get rid of the "vignette" effect that darkens the corners on the QUEST. It does not seem to be affected by ffr so i will need your help here to figure out on how to disable it. Why did you implement it anyway?

Comment

Proteus

I've Installed everything as pdf says, it runs but when I try to run (right click on project /launch game) I keep having the message 'failed to login to oculus network. please check your settings'. I disabled everything in .ini files (regarding oculus) and even tried to turn every node referencing Occulus network off in GameInfoInstance, yet no success. Am I missing something?

Edit: I'm trying to run it with Steam btw
                    Last edited by cazetta; 07-02-2019, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hello Proteus !!
                      Do you know when you project to release your template with Vive tracker integration ?

Comment

Would be interested in seeing what has been integrated in this template however for Enterprise VR we work cross headset platform so will hold off until Steam VR and Mixed Reality is back integrated with the plugin. I also assume LAN multiplayer is integrated too?
                        David Gillespie
                        Associate
                        Foster + Partners

Comment

Oh boy... That's so awesome! I already experimented with your older templates and they were fantastic. Can i support you on patreon.com oder something? Definitely worth it! That you so much

Comment

Hey, unfortuanaltey i ran into a problem.

- I downloaded the template from github.
                            - unpackt it at: D:\UnrealEngine\Unreal Projects
                            - set the unreal engine version to 4.22.3
                            - created a new project and used the c++ template
                            -> Error: The following modules are missing or build with a different engine version: project name; OVRLipSync; OVRLipSyncEditor; ProteusAvatars - Would you like to rebuild them now?
                            -> Start building -> Error: projectname could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

i tried to open the .uproject -> same result
                            switched to UE 4.21. -> same results
                            the missing modules are all meant for Oculus Rift? I'm using the HTC VIVE

System:
                            Win 10 Pro
                            Unreal Engine version 4.22.3
                            Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 (2), Version 16.1.6

What can i do?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ZerbX; 07-12-2019, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZerbX View Post
                              Hey, unfortuanaltey i ran into a problem.

- I downloaded the template from github.
                              - unpackt it at: D:\UnrealEngine\Unreal Projects
                              - set the unreal engine version to 4.22.3
                              - created a new project and used the c++ template
                              -> Error: The following modules are missing or build with a different engine version: project name; OVRLipSync; OVRLipSyncEditor; ProteusAvatars - Would you like to rebuild them now?
                              -> Start building -> Error: projectname could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

i tried to open the .uproject -> same result
                              switched to UE 4.21. -> same results
                              the missing modules are all meant for Oculus Rift? I'm using the HTC VIVE

System:
                              Win 10 Pro
                              Unreal Engine version 4.22.3
                              Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 (2), Version 16.1.6

What can i do?
                              hello, the actual release does not contain the Vive integration. Maybe with the next release.
                              Then for your problem, read the pdf file and retry.

Delete the proteus folder and unpack it.
                              Select the engine version.
                              Make the modifications needed in the engine (github version)
                              Recompile engine and lightmass only
                              Open your proteus template in visual studio and compile only proteus.
                              Open and enjoy!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'll update the git on monday with the following updates:
                                • Unreal 4.22.2
                                • SteamVR compatible
                                • HTC Vive camera access
                                • Thoroughly tested with Oculus Quest
                                • Highlight selected object compatible with Oculus Quest
                                • A lot of other small things

Here are more infos:

Features compatibility:
                                Oculus Rift / S
                                • Avatar: Oculus Avatars or Custom Avatar
                                • Multiplayer: Oculus Home, or Steam / LAN (Custom Avatars only)
                                • VOIP: Yes
                                Oculus Go / Quest
                                • Avatar: Oculus Avatars or Custom Avatar
                                • Multiplayer: Oculus Home (Go only, Quest developers need access to Quest API)
                                • VOIP: No (Oculus Avatars), Yes (Custom Avatars)
                                HTC Vive
                                • Multiplayer: Steam / LAN
                                • VOIP: Yes

DO I NEED TO MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO THE ENGINE?

I want to develop for Oculus Quest and/or Go
                                change
                                /Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemOculus\Source\Private\OculusIdentityCallbackProxy.cpp Line 26
                                from

DelegateHandle = Online::GetIdentityInterface()->AddOnLoginCompleteDelegate_Handle(
                                to DelegateHandle = OculusIdentityInterface->AddOnLoginCompleteDelegate_Handle(

Reference:
                                https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/pull/26
                                I want to use Oculus Avatars on the Quest, but I don't have access to Quest Platform API change
                                \Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Oculus\OculusVR\Source\OculusHMD\OculusMobile_APL.xml
                                Line 223
                                com.oculus.svclib.OVREntitlementChecker.doAutomatedCheck(this);
                                to:
                                <!-- com.oculus.svclib.OVREntitlementChecker.doAutomatedCheck(this); -->
                                I want to nativize assets without errors when compiling change
                                \Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework\PlayerController.h line 1053 private to public, because 'PlayDynamicForceFeedback' is a private member of 'APlayerController', for reasons unknown

Reference: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...s-to-cook.html

What are the best Project Settings for VR?
                                • You will find the best settings already set in ProjectSettings
                                • Oculus Go / Quest: 4x Mobile MSAA is hardcoded, no matter what
                                • Oculus Go works in OpenGL ES2 and ES 3.1
                                  • Use Android SDK 21, 32-bits Android libraries (armeabi-v7a)
                                  • Advanced APK settings:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1641584
                                • Oculus Quest works in OpenGL ES2 and ES 3.1, and Vulkan
                                  • Disable FFR and Mobile Multi-View if using Vulkan
                                  • Quest supports arm64, but Oculus Avatars & Mobile Audio plugin are 32-bits
                                    • Select armeabi-v7a, Android SDK 23
                                  • Performances:
                                    • ES 3.1 + FFR + Mobile MultiView > Vulkan
                                      • ES3.1 is recommended
                                  • Advanced APK settings:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1641585

MULTIPLAYER MODE
                                IMPORTANT
                                • Select ProjectSettings/NavigationSystem/Allow Client Side Navigation
                                • Don’t't forget to put
                                [/Script/Engine.GameSession]
                                bRequiresPushToTalk=false
                                in DefaultGame.ini

CHANGE IN DEFAULTENGINE.INI:

Oculus Network

[/Script/Engine.GameEngine]
                                !NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray
                                +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
                                [OnlineSubsystem]
                                DefaultPlatformService=Oculus
                                bHasVoiceEnabled=true
                                PollingIntervalInMs=20
                                VoiceNotificationDelta=0.2
                                AllowPeerConnections=True
                                AllowPeerVoice=True
                                [OnlineSubsystemOculus]
                                bEnabled=true
                                RiftAppId=YOUR RIFT APP ID
                                GearVRAppId=YOUR GO/QUEST APP ID

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetDriver]
                                NetConnectionClassName=OnlineSubsystemOculus.OculusNetConnection

Steam Network

+NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
                                [OnlineSubsystem]
                                DefaultPlatformService=Steam
                                bHasVoiceEnabled=true
                                PollingIntervalInMs=20
                                AllowPeerVoice=True
                                [OnlineSubsystemSteam]
                                bEnabled=true
                                SteamDevAppId=480
                                bVACEnabled=0
                                GameServerQueryPort=27015
                                bRelaunchInSteam=false
                                GameVersion=1.0.0.0
                                bVACEnabled=1
                                bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true
                                P2PConnectionTimeout=90

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver]
                                NetConnectionClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"

LAN
                                +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver")
                                [OnlineSubsystem]
                                DefaultPlatformService=Null
                                bHasVoiceEnabled=true
                                PollingIntervalInMs=20
                                AllowPeerVoice=True

The Oculus Rift will use the RiftAppId found in Developer Dashboard FOR RIFT
                                The Oculus Go/QUEST will use GearVRAppID found in the Developer Dashboard FOR MOBILE

Comment

Working...
                                X