Single/Multiplayer, Touch & Vive Proteus blueprint only Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=5677]devel.bmad[/MENTION]

Success! I've resolved my problem of motioncontroller owning, by including the component among the main pawn. I'll also have a closer look at my fine tuning functions.

Now everything works allright multiplayer VR. I've got the teleportation to redo/rebuild, do the docs and extensive tests and I should be able to release the multiplayer template soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus View Post
      [MENTION=5677]devel.bmad[/MENTION]

Success! I've resolved my problem of motioncontroller owning, by including the component among the main pawn. I'll also have a closer look at my fine tuning functions.

Now everything works allright multiplayer VR. I've got the teleportation to redo/rebuild, do the docs and extensive tests and I should be able to release the multiplayer template soon.
      Great to hear this! Looking forward to test it out ;-)

Comment

[MENTION=70903]Proteus[/MENTION], on related news: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/...dk-beta#latest

Comment

[MENTION=5677]devel.bmad[/MENTION] Thanks I sent a PM to the Oculus guy!

Comment

Hi,

I'm getting this issue when running the template, just wondering if there is a 90 degree yaw rotation somewhere I can't find that could be causing it? Or is it an Unreal problem.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...is-90-off.html

For reference when I run the lab, forward is forward from room scale set up, but with the CV1 and launching into the template I'm rotated 90 degrees to the right.

Comment

@Zaaa You're right it's a problem I've encountered in other projects. The way I deal with it in Unreal is that I setup the "North" (monitor) side of my playground by clicking 90 degrees from the actual North I want. I do the same whatever for a Vive or an Oculus.

Good news: I've finally got my multiplayer VR template working. In the following days I'll do some optimizations and I'll release the template somewhere next week. Next iteration will be Oculus Avatar integration, to be released the day of the SDK public release mid-March.

Just assessing right now the changes with 4.15. Seems that Overrides Screenpercentage command (hmd pd xxx) doesn't work anymore with Oculus SDK 1.10 (the one integrated within UE4.15) makes the system crashes. Will investigates further.

PS [MENTION=5677]devel.bmad[/MENTION] Thanks for the tip working right now with Oculus Avatars in UE4 it works fine!
              Last edited by Proteus; 02-16-2017, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus View Post
                PS [MENTION=5677]devel.bmad[/MENTION] Thanks for the tip working right now with Oculus Avatars in UE4 it works fine!
                Great to hear this :-) Looking forward to test the next few versions of the template! Have you already started working also on Oculus voice chat? Guess it needs a bit of integration in order to have it working with 3D positional audio, but it looks like the next logical step for you ;-)

In case it may help, here is a thread I started in answerhub a few months ago on the subject: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...alization.html
                Last edited by devel.bmad; 02-16-2017, 07:11 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=5677]devel.bmad[/MENTION] Yes, with Touch hands, multiplayer and Oculus Avatar, VOIP is another feature I want to include

Comment

[MENTION=70903]Proteus[/MENTION] Hi there! I've been messing with your template for a few days now because I'm trying to implement hand animations in my game. I'm currently stuck because I can't figure out how your blend spaces are working. For some reason I can't preview any of your animations. If I mess with the values in the animation blueprint (like ThumbPosition) it works as expected, and everything works when in-game. But the previews on all the animations themselves as well as within the blend spaces don't do anything, making it really hard for me to figure out how it all works. I'm also generally confused by the included FBX, because it has 8 keyframes in it even though you only seem to be using 4 frames (hand_idle, hand_frame2, hand_frame3, hand_frame4). Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks for making this template in the first place!

Comment

[MENTION=711935]Guidolatry[/MENTION]

The key here is to have a look at the AnimGraph of the VR_Hand_AnimBP (now CVR_Hand_AnimBP). Here you see that each set of fingers (thumb, index and the 3 other fingers) are animated independently via "Layered blend per bone). Then look at each finger 1-d blendspace.

But you were right, something is broken with hands / Vive / Touch anims. I fixed the hands, just redownload on OneDrive or GitHub.

I'll have the Vive and Touch anims fixed with the next version, multiplayer, which is at the optimization stage right now.

Hope that helps!

Comment

This definitely helped a bit, but for some reason I still can't get it working. Right now in my animation blueprint the model only animates when I change ThumbPosition, but not for the other two variables. And in addition to that, the whole hand animates instead of just the thumb like in your template.

As far as I can tell I've set up everything the same as you have it, the only difference is that I'm using our own hand model & animations. When you export your FBX, are you doing anything special? I believe we baked the animations in our export, and I'm wondering if that might be the problem. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Maybe it's the way you import the fbx?

So the way I do it from scratch:

Import the file VR_Hand.fbx with Animation checked and 90 degrees transform on X:

You'll have VR_Hand_Anim (5 frames). With frames 1 to 3 (4 frames) you have all the possibilities of all Avatar fingers.
                          So with frames 0 to 3 you make an animation of 1 frame : Create Animation/From Current Pose
                          You obtain VR_hand_Idle, VR_Hand_Frame2, 3 and 4 as I named it.
                          You then make a 1D blendspace for each set of fingers: Index, Thumb, and 3 other fingers. You'll have HandIndexBS, Hand_ThumbBS and Hand_HandBS. Note that the Hand_HandBS uses only Frame 0, 2 and 3 because it has 3 poses (4 for the other). Don't forget to name tour X AxisLabel and do 3 divisions.

There it is now the rest is in the AnimBP, driven by values in the BP_MotionController, which are themselves driven by input values in the MotionControllerPawn.

I'll reupload the VR_Hand.fbx right now in case there was a problem.

If not you can send me your project I see what I can do.
                          Attached Files

Comment

[MENTION=711935]Guidolatry[/MENTION]

Wow, when uploading I just realized that the file Avatar_Hand.fbx was the wrong one. It was an earlier version of the hand which was an exploratory one (9 poses - too much).

So please use VR_Hand.fbx it's the good one (4 poses) and better rigging/skinning. Very sorry I just realized it. You should now be able to follow previous steps.

Comment

99.9% packaging errors are due to
                              3)Overlooking settings in Project/Maps & Mode;
                              4)Overlooking options in Project/Packaging

Curious is any one else is having packaging issues. I've been doing sanity checks this morning. I did a successful build of a completely blank project (4.13, so I know my install of UE is working) and then re-downloaded a fresh copy of the Proteus template and tried to perform a build which fails. I'm trying to build for Windows 64bit, and it looks like I've got everything set correctly. But I can't get a build for the life of me. I've attached my settings below, if anyone gets a chance to take a peek. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - Ok, if anyone else has the same issue. I was able to get a build after copying the assets into a fresh project and changing the gamemode. For whatever reason the downloaded project will not compile for me. (Even after removing the template file.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click image for larger version

Name:	Proteus_Packaging.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	1123842

Click image for larger version

Name:	Proteus_Maps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	1123843
                              Last edited by pixelvspixel; 02-23-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Strange. Probably some settings conflict in the Project Settings?

Comment

Working...
                                X