Single/Multiplayer, Touch & Vive Proteus blueprint only Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else having problems launching?
    Attempting to launch the proteus project results in a build failure as follows:

********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
    ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'Proteus.target'. Check that this target has been built.

Edit: Apparently packaging the project will resolve this error, but this creates furthur issues which causes cooking to fail

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Proteus_Multi/GameInfoInstance.GameInfoInstance_C:VRSettings'. Unknown structure.
    UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogProperty: Error: UStructProperty::Serialize Loading: Property 'StructProperty /Game/Proteus_Multi/PlayerSaveGame.PlayerSaveGame_C:S_VRSettings'. Unknown structure.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Edit 2: I was able to resolve this issue, the problem with packaging was fixed by opening the files mentioned in the error log, compiling and saving them.
    Last edited by THX-IOI; 06-07-2018, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Hello and thank you very much for this template. My master Thesis will feature this template (or at least its functionalities) therefore I'm very grateful for it. (of course I won't forget to mention the creator and the community!)

As part of my project I wanted to build this template for iOS, and in the future integrate it with ARKit as well, to have mixed reality between the Vive and iPhone.

Unfortunately i'm blocked at the build stage getting the following error

LogPlayLevel: Total build time: 33,95 seconds (Local executor: 6,53 seconds)
      LogPlayLevel: Took 35,369415s to run mono, ExitCode=5
      LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Command failed (Result:5): /Users/massimobortolamei/Documents/UE_4.19/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe Proteus IOS Development -Project="/Users/massimobortolamei/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProteusTemplate-master/Proteus.uproject" "/Users/massimobortolamei/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProteusTemplate-master/Proteus.uproject" -NoUBT
      Makefiles -remoteini="/Users/massimobortolamei/Documents/Unreal Projects/ProteusTemplate-master" -skipdeploy -ini:Game:[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]:BlueprintNativizationMethod=Disabled -noxge -nocreatestub -NoHotReload -ignorejunk. See logfile for details: 'UnrealBuildTool-2018.06.13-15.01.25.txt'
      LogPlayLevel: (see /Users/massimobortolamei/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine/LocalBuildLogs/UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace)
      LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
      LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 42.127934
      LogPlayLevel: RunUAT ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
      PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

I have attached the full logs

Three months ago before updating iOS to the latest version, and with UE4.18 and Proteus 3.3 , I was at least able to package successfully on my Mackbookpro. Of course the app on iOS would just be a black screen, and i was planning to resume debugging from this point, but at least I didn't get this Unknown Error.

As of now, Proteus 3.3 will not start anymore on UE4.18 ( i blame the iOS updates), for those interested I started a post on the Answerhub about that https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-template.html
      Right now I'm trying my luck with UE4.19 and the latest Proteus Template, but I get this annoying error.

Eventually, if anyone has previous experience or advise about the correct way to build this template for iOS, I would be the most grateful for it.
      My last resort is creating a new mobile project and import the core functionalities, but my knowledge about UE is at the very beginning, therefore I'm not sure if it would be just a waste of time.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Referring to my previous post, I gave up doing things on my macbook, apparently things don't work very well there. I was able to configure the remote build on it, from my main desktop, and UE4.19 with the new Proteus4 starts, compiles and packages.
        At this point I would just like to ask for some hints on how to approach the problem of running Proteus on mobile/iphone. The only thing i can see when the game starts on iphone is the "SceneCapture2D1" actor in "mainmenu" map, everything else is black. Any idea?

Comment

Proteus I used an early version of your template back in 2015 and it worked very well. I'm trying to build a new project and wanted to test your newest version, but I'm having some very bad lag issues. I've downloaded the latest version of the project, opened the source project, and followed all directions on the PDF for Steam connection. When I package the game, it's absolutely unplayable in terms of framerate. It is extremely choppy. Whenever I run it in the editor, however, it runs perfectly smoothly. I also noticed that the lag is a tiny bit better when steam is closed, but still unusable. My specs are:

Windows 10
          NVIDIA GTX 980
          Intel i5 6600K
          8g RAM

I have the latest NVIDIA drivers/Steam/Oculus software. I've attached my console output during packaging. Any ideas of what could be going on? Thanks so much.

UPDATE: I downloaded version 3.3 and everything seems to be working perfectly. Not sure what's making the newest one run poorly.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jessekirbs; 06-19-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

When I load the multi-map from the main menu widget, the screen blacks out then I'm right back where I started (in the main menu map), if I try again, the main menu disappears completely. If I try and load the VR Essentials Map from the main menu, it loads fine. Any idea why this happens?

Also, If I host a level on a LAN network using the vr essentials map (the only one I can get to run), no sessions pop up on my other computer, I made sure that they can see eachother on the network in windows.

EDIT: I'm using oculus, Ue4 4.19.2, I'm looking to run the template only on a LAN, and I'm using the Ue4 build straight from the launcher, and your template from: https://github.com/ProteusVRpublic/ProteusTemplate

Should I be building from here: https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine instead?

or does it not matter because I'm only looking to run LAN

EDIT2:
            I got the other server match that I started to show up on my other rig, however when my second headset/client joins in, their screen is all black.
            I'm using the VR Essentials Map to test because the multi-map is still giving me the same issue.

UPDATE 3:
            Got multiplayer to work on the VR Essentials map via LAN, however when trying to load the multi-map or any map I've added in it still has the same problem. The screen blackouts for a second, the level doesn't load and the players back in the main menu area, and when I try a second time the menu disappears completely.
            Last edited by Sahhar; 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I have a problem that probably is easy to solve, but I´m not sure what is causing it.

I´m having screen flickering in the pc screen, inside the glasses everything is perfect, but in the pc screen I get a lot of flickering and the image is totally distorted, and when I change to the third person view it is worst, even colors seem to be broken, the problem is bigger with Windows Mixed Reality, but it also happens with HTC Vive.

Some ideas on what is causing this?

Cheers!

Comment

I´ll auto answer me, it seemed that I have not configured the screen resolution in the MainMenuPC options.

Is there a way to force a full screen?

Also, the third person view is working great now, but the postprocess volumes are not affecting it, is there a way to enable post for that camera?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sahhar View Post
                  When I load the multi-map from the main menu widget, the screen blacks out then I'm right back where I started (in the main menu map), if I try again, the main menu disappears completely. If I try and load the VR Essentials Map from the main menu, it loads fine. Any idea why this happens?

Also, If I host a level on a LAN network using the vr essentials map (the only one I can get to run), no sessions pop up on my other computer, I made sure that they can see eachother on the network in windows.

EDIT: I'm using oculus, Ue4 4.19.2, I'm looking to run the template only on a LAN, and I'm using the Ue4 build straight from the launcher, and your template from: https://github.com/ProteusVRpublic/ProteusTemplate

Should I be building from here: https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine instead?

or does it not matter because I'm only looking to run LAN

EDIT2:
                  I got the other server match that I started to show up on my other rig, however when my second headset/client joins in, their screen is all black.
                  I'm using the VR Essentials Map to test because the multi-map is still giving me the same issue.

UPDATE 3:
                  Got multiplayer to work on the VR Essentials map via LAN, however when trying to load the multi-map or any map I've added in it still has the same problem. The screen blackouts for a second, the level doesn't load and the players back in the main menu area, and when I try a second time the menu disappears completely.
                  Hey Sahhar

I was wondering what you did to successfully get the servers to show up on the other computer? I'm also focused on getting this working on a LAN. I'm on 4.19.2 also. I've turned off firewalls and the computers can successfully ping each other. My Steam is turned off and I've followed all the other directions in the included PDF. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Sam
                  Proteus if you see this. Thanks so much for the incredible template. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

UPDATE : I got LAN working. I think it might be because in the widget HostMenu, a variable Enable Lan? appears disconnected. I'm still having issues with certain computers on my network not being able to host successfully but this is probably a network issue or something.
                  Last edited by dethayngel; 07-18-2018, 04:18 AM. Reason: cleaning up presentation, figured out solution

Comment

I have this strange error in Unreal 4.19.0, possibly related to Windows Mixed Reality that I am using - the game crashes randomly both in PIE and in the build versions. Editor crashes with no info, build version at least gives me some hints (below ) - but this seems to be a pretty fundamental MotionController component, how to fix it? Any hints appreciated!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MadisV View Post
                      I have this strange error in Unreal 4.19.0, possibly related to Windows Mixed Reality that I am using - the game crashes randomly both in PIE and in the build versions. Editor crashes with no info, build version at least gives me some hints (below ) - but this seems to be a pretty fundamental MotionController component, how to fix it? Any hints appreciated!
                      That was fixed fairly early on in 4.19, it was an event being called on the render thread....are you on an older 4.19 build?

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

That was fixed fairly early on in 4.19, it was an event being called on the render thread....are you on an older 4.19 build?
                        Indeed that was the case! Updated Unreal to 4.19.2, now it runs without a problem. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by jessekirbs View Post
                          Proteus I used an early version of your template back in 2015 and it worked very well. I'm trying to build a new project and wanted to test your newest version, but I'm having some very bad lag issues. I've downloaded the latest version of the project, opened the source project, and followed all directions on the PDF for Steam connection. When I package the game, it's absolutely unplayable in terms of framerate. It is extremely choppy. Whenever I run it in the editor, however, it runs perfectly smoothly. I also noticed that the lag is a tiny bit better when steam is closed, but still unusable. My specs are:

Windows 10
                          NVIDIA GTX 980
                          Intel i5 6600K
                          8g RAM

I have the latest NVIDIA drivers/Steam/Oculus software. I've attached my console output during packaging. Any ideas of what could be going on? Thanks so much.

UPDATE: I downloaded version 3.3 and everything seems to be working perfectly. Not sure what's making the newest one run poorly.
                          I`m expierencing the same issue, but even if i just export the version 3.3 in 4.19.2. When i use the start UE VR Pawn everything runs 100% smooth - I wonder if it is a network lag problem.
                          Since i only have to use the export on 1 machine locally, is it possible to export a version that dosn`t use/inculde any network component and is a basic as possible? When i package the project as a single player version like discripted in the PDF, i get the same result with lag.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else experienced not being able to find a match if built for shipping in the 4.19 update?

Comment

Some news...

Oculus Avatars 2.0, multiplayer: Yes, after weeks of pain, I've been able to enable a simple, multiplayer Oculus Avatar 2.0 snipped of code and integrate it to the template. It works well in 4.19 and Avatars 1.24; some bugs in 4.20 but working on it seems minor. I will eventually release it, I just want to give some rooms to clients on which I implanted it. PM me for the code

The template: Sorry for the lack of support since a month, but was deep into C++ , Google Cardboard and Oculus Go projects didn't see time fly!

THX-IOI common problem to struct files in blueprint, 1)change name of file 2)save,exit 3)open, re-change to before, save, exit 4)re-open, should compile ok

leadermax I just installed Unreal on a Mac yesterday (because need to compile in iOS); out of curiosity I will try the template and get back to you

MadisV If you run WMR in SteamVR mode (and not native WMR mode), usually you should not encounter this kind of prob. I let go native WMR development, was too full of bugs and lack of MS support.

3vilR3d I've used the template will all flavors of 4.19, should be ok for a match. Are you talking Oculus Home, Steam, or LAN?

Thanks everybody I'll answer more questions this w-e! i did not tried yet the template in 4.20, too busy with other projects...

Comment

Proteus Thank you for getting back to me. I am referring to the Steam connection. I've done a dev build and it works perfectly. But a shipping build, doesn't show available rooms.

Comment

Working...
                                X