Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combined armswing locomotion, climbing and jumping (parkour stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VIVE] Combined armswing locomotion, climbing and jumping (parkour stuff)

Hi guys,

I did a quick experiment with armswing locomotion and climbing including a gesture based jump mechanic. Im showing off the idea here and hope for some feedback and ideas on how to improve it. Also im eventually gonna post a few videos on how i set it up, so keep an eye out on my channel if it sounds like an interresting idea.

Also i've experimented a bit with the Stereo layers for rendering a FOV limiter using CanvasRenderTarget2d and a simple material.

When i get it working a bit better, i'll see if i can upload a demo of it also for play testing. Minus the rocks, which take up tons of space :-P

If you own a HTC Vive, you can try out a simplified version. Any feedback are highly appreciated. Known bug: You can accidentially punch your own collision capsule.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ocomotion7.zip

Comment

Thank you. I used this demo and it work fine. I think this locomotion type is alive.

Comment

Just added a new version:

Download new demo here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ocomotion8.zip

Comment

Probably the file is damaged. At least I have an error when opening.

Comment

Nice climbing system. Can you upload the project files? or at the least post screens of the climbing BP?

Comment

Originally posted by RGDS View Post
              Probably the file is damaged. At least I have an error when opening.
              The VRLocomotion8 is failing? Hmm... i'll have to check it. Anyone else had this run?

Comment

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                Nice climbing system. Can you upload the project files? or at the least post screens of the climbing BP?
                I will eventually do some tutorial videos on how it's all setup. But don't have enough time to do them atm. So be patient.

Comment

I'm having problems downloading in the Chrome browser. FireFox also posed a mistake, but I was able to download a file. I think you must downloading this file again, because many people are interested in it a full body. I will give my feedback later. And thanks for your work.

Comment

Added flight to the locomotion and started experimenting with some menus. See a preview of it here:

Comment

Really awesome!
                      JcInventory, a Jigsaw Grid based Inventory designed in UMG and blueprint

Comment

Here's another WIP video:

Comment

Cool !

May i ask you how you did the resizing ?
                          Andy
                          Andy Probst
                          Head of R&D / VR - Meilenstein Digital GmbH

Comment

I measure my in game char. In my case he's about 180cm (i think) and then i measure distance between the two controllers when player is standing in a t-pose. Divide these two numbers and multiply by 100 to get to cm and you're good to go. I also do a check with hmd height, but can use the hands only.

Comment

New test build uploaded btw.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...comotion23.zip

Comment

Working...
                              X