Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIVE] Switch between VR mode and non VR mode during gameplay

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [VIVE] Switch between VR mode and non VR mode during gameplay

    Hi all,
    I am found many answers how to do this with Oculus (with HMD mirror etc.), but is there any solution how to switch between VR mode and standard non VR mode in game play on HTC Vive?

    Thanks a lot for any help or link =o).

    #2
    Originally posted by Isik Gosik View Post
    Hi all,
    I am found many answers how to do this with Oculus (with HMD mirror etc.), but is there any solution how to switch between VR mode and standard non VR mode in game play on HTC Vive?

    Thanks a lot for any help or link =o).
    Hi Isik - did you find out how to do this? Or does anyone else know and can post an answer?
    I would have thought something like this would be better documented but a lot of people are asking the same question on the forum and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere !

    I know you can launch the engine with vr on or off using -vr in the console command when launching the app/game. But I want to be able to set this at runtime using code/blueprint. Is it possible?

    Comment


      #3
      ExecuteConsoleCommand(stereo on/stereo off)
      Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
      Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
      And random stuff at Youtube

      Comment


        #4
        Hi,
        I found nothing. This command below is working only for Oculus, not HTC Vive.

        Originally posted by YuriNK View Post
        ExecuteConsoleCommand(stereo on/stereo off)

        Comment


          #5
          It should work for Vive. Remember you can turn on stereo rendering only in a packaged project or in a VR Preview.
          Stand-alone mocap app for Vive Trackers: vrmocapstudio.com
          Marketplace: Vive Mocap Kit / Fingers Solver / VR IK Body Solver / Subtitles to LipSync / Dialogue System with Character Animation
          And random stuff at Youtube

          Comment


            #6
            I am assume you guys have solved it, but in case you haven't then here is my solution to switch between pawns.

            Player controller:
            First create 2 functions "VrConsoleCommands" and "NonVrConsoleCommands"

            Click image for larger version

Name:	TqvbZ68.png
Views:	1
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1125061
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uTayXX7.png
Views:	1
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	1125062

            Then in the player controller create an event to handle the vr/pawn switch

            Click image for larger version

Name:	Ow3Efgm.png
Views:	1
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	1125055
            Click image for larger version

Name:	0y2wJVo.png
Views:	1
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	1125056
            Click image for larger version

Name:	AYyghEe.png
Views:	1
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1125057

            And here is the game mode

            Click image for larger version

Name:	r9KIiJu.png
Views:	1
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	1125058
            Click image for larger version

Name:	pxDaWbs.png
Views:	1
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	1125060

            Comment


              #7
              Hi, thanks for your script but the truth is that I have not heard much, where you get the VrPawn, defaultPawn and Old Pawn? The same doubt for the GetSpawnTransform ... and the variable Specific Player that type of variable is. I just can not connect it and I'm a little lost. Thank you very much!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Simple2012 View Post
                I am assume you guys have solved it, but in case you haven't then here is my solution to switch between pawns.
                Very useful. Thanks for sharing!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ivardi View Post
                  Hi, thanks for your script but the truth is that I have not heard much, where you get the VrPawn, defaultPawn and Old Pawn? The same doubt for the GetSpawnTransform ... and the variable Specific Player that type of variable is. I just can not connect it and I'm a little lost. Thank you very much!
                  I'm sorry this reply is about a year old.
                  The pawns you are referring to are variables I set in the code.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X