No announcement yet.

Unreal Button Mapping names for Oculus Touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the enlightenment, It is always disheartening to see your assumptions proven wholly wrong, but pleasantly reassuring to be on the same page as the majority.

Currently I am probably 'doing it wrong' but I have been basically practicing branching VR inputs using the action and axis mapping exposed in editor.

Not suggesting anyone do this, but for examples sake, while 'move forward' would be Motion Controller 1 (top of touch pad on Vive, X or A on Oculus Touch), it can thereby be mapped to something like 'MoveForwardVive', which could then be bound on an input component and handled with 'move forward' logic, next Motion Controller Thumbstick Y can be axis mapped To something like 'OculusTouch_Left/RightStickY', watching for potentially forward movement based on a mathematical equation, and firing an event when conditions are met after being bound on an input component for the same 'move forward' logic.

It is important to be sure to unbind or not bind Vive inputs in the case of using the oculus touch and vice-versa, otherwise you gain the bonus move forward binding on your A/X button in Oculus Touch which may not be desired.
    Admittedly, this feels like and may actually be the worst approach. I would love to hear some others as well.
    Last edited by Spiris; 04-14-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Couple more useful images to add here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrcontrollersbaselinecomparison2c.png
Views:	1
Size:	422.2 KB
ID:	1129929
      Click image for larger version

Name:	htc-vive-controllers-1024x1013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1129930
      Ironbelly Studios- Your External UE4 Development Partner: AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
      Request a quote today:
      https://ironbellystudios.com
      Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ironbellystudios

Comment

Originally posted by mitchemmc View Post

For anyone else wanting one I just made a diagram that shows all Touch inputs and their corresponding mapping in UE4:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123383[/ATTACH]
        Life Saver

Comment

For anyone else wanting one I just made a diagram that shows all Touch inputs and their corresponding mapping in UE4:

Really nice!

However for the last note, I believe it should be "Pointing is the opposite of *Trigger* CapTouch..." ?

Comment

THANK YOU! Very clean Pro look too!

Comment

"Gamepad Special Right" is now corrected to "Gamepad Special Left" in 4.22 for anyone that might be confused why their menu button not working.

Comment

But "Gamepad Special Left" is a different button on Xbox controller which would have separate functionality! I know people complained that Gamepad Special Right was on the left Touch controller, but from a UX perspective it made sense.

Oculus have a reference on their developer site, but it doesn't include the "Special" buttons - https://developer.oculus.com/documen...ing-reference/

Comment

Working...
                X