Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elec2ron View Post
    No worries,

Not being able to get this to work actually led me to a much better solution for what i was doing.

Cheers!
    Would love to hear about your solution as I am facing a similar situation now, thanks!

Comment

Hope this helps someone else out!

Problem:

In my situation, I needed an icon to display on a button. When the button was highlighted, I needed the icon to remain visible. I was using decals to display this icon, but was running into the same problem of it disappearing when the button became translucent.

Solution:

To start with my Material, I changed its "Material Domain" from "Deferred Decal" to "Surface" and set its "Blend Mode" to "Translucent".

I then created a plane slightly above the button and set my icon material to the plane. When I would swap between materials on the button, my icon would remain displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB View Post
        Hey guys,

Sincere apologies as I apparently gave some bad advice. I was incorrectly remembering how this works. Setting 'render in main pass' to be false does not allow writing to regular depth, but it does allow rendering to Custom Depth.

Regular decals will not work with it, but you can use a box mesh and use something similar to "Worldposition behind translucency" but using CustomDepth to replace scene depth. Then you can do you own decal projection in a material.
        Hello,

Please give more details on your solution.
        thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X