This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Is there any information on whether or not the editor's support for Desktop Vulkan includes support for all the wonderful ray-tracing features, namely reflections? I'm running a GTX 970 currently so I can't check myself. If someone could knows anything or could check for me I'd be very grateful

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get about 30% more fps with Vulkan but it seems to have bugs in the editor, sometimes my editor crashes on launch when its trying to do asset discovery. Using 4.24

Also in the editor I only get 60fps.... with directx 12 I get 120fps.
    I've been unable to change the 60fps behavior and ive tried everything I could think of. Feels like a hardcoded limit put in the editor for some reason
    Last edited by ViperG; 05-29-2020, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do not think they have ditched Vulkan as it is future for everything from PC to consoles and mobiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsmqWSZpgJY

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So what is the actual status of Vulkan support for Windows and Linux (and consoles, I guess, too)? There are so many articles and tutorials out there, but they're all from 2018 or something.. And with the archival of the feature card on the Trello board, I'm not sure what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by demonixis View Post
    @maxbrown With the Oculus fork you can enable post processing on the quest using Vulkan, you can't enable them with OpenGL ES.[/B]
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Oculus still recommends NOT to use Mobile HDR.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So what's the status of Desktop Vulkan?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @maxbrown With the Oculus fork you can enable post processing on the quest using Vulkan, you can't enable them with OpenGL ES.[/B]
    Do you notice something strange with the camera fov with mobileHDR enabled (required for post processing) on the Quest? It's like everything is slightly zoomed in / magnified which makes me sick pretty quickly I tried a few different projects and settings but always get it not looking right which makes it unusable

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Socke81 The Quest is running a custom Android version yes. The Vulkan implementation is better in 4.24 on Windows.
    @maxbrown With the Oculus fork you can enable post processing on the quest using Vulkan, you can't enable them with OpenGL ES.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vulkan support looks better than ever in 4.24, it also works in VR which was not the case with 4.23.
    Oculus has a fork of UE4 with Vulkan support on the Oculus Quest, it allows post processing too.
    It works indeed in 4.24 (with the Oculus fork) but there are some purple artifacts and it performs on par with OGL so whats the benefit of switching to Vulkan for Quest?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    demonixis
    ​​​​​​​Oculus Quest runs with android or not? The problem is Vulkan on Windows and Linux. Does it also work better on Windows in 4.24?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vulkan support looks better than ever in 4.24, it also works in VR which was not the case with 4.23.
    Oculus has a fork of UE4 with Vulkan support on the Oculus Quest, it allows post processing too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In the end, they simply fed us promises. And how many hype there were several years ago: "this is the first engine with Vulkan API!"

If you want a cool Vulkan render, go to Godot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by erlog View Post
    Just saw in the roadmap that Vulkan support has been archived?
    https://trello.com/c/lzLwtb5P

Anyone knows anything about this?
    I guess they are either going to depreciate it or it's a standard feature and the job is done for now! Also, Fortnite 2 doesn't probably need it

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just saw in the roadmap that Vulkan support has been archived?
    https://trello.com/c/lzLwtb5P

Anyone knows anything about this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Created packages made with Unreal Engine 4.23 aren't rendering properly in Vulkan.

Some context:

1. I have the latest Vulkan SDK installed.
    2. I have updated Drivers that support Vulkan installed.
    3. I have enabled the VulkanRHI in the Project Settings menu via UnrealEditor.
    4. Created packages render fine in DX11 and DX12.

When running the created packages in Vulkan, it displays a pink haze with green and purple artifacts.

NOTE: I am only trying to create packages of free Unreal Engine demos, like SunTemple and ShooterGame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X