X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCaloca View Post
    Nice to see it kinda works
    I'm working on EffectsCave now, it has other issues, hopefully on our next merge to main it will be clean. Can you try SunTemple to make sure it works? And are you on NV or AMD or Intel?
    I can try SunTemple, sure. But EffectsCave should not crash, right? It still crashes with SM4, unfortunately. I think "-game -vulkan -sm4" are the correct commands to use for SM4?

Spoiler

Will test SunTemple in ES31 and SM4 now.

I'm using an AMD R9 390 and I have the newest driver installed (16.9.2).
    Last edited by John Alcatraz; 10-10-2016, 05:19 PM.
    Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
    Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

That is fixed but missed the merge to master.
      You can try running with -onethread as it mitigates that.
      And yes those are the cmd line params for sm4.

Comment

That is fixed but missed the merge to master.
        You can try running with -onethread as it mitigates that.
        And yes those are the cmd line params for sm4.
        Hm, I just ran it with "-game -vulkan -sm4 -onethread" and I think it still crashed with the exact same crash...

Spoiler

(That was still particle effects cave, will try SunTemple now)

Comment

You can try locally commenting out the call to NotifyDeletedRenderTarget() to unblock you, but it might leak memory :|

Comment

You can try locally commenting out the call to NotifyDeletedRenderTarget() to unblock you, but it might leak memory :|
            I did that and then it crashed from another place where NotifyDeletedRenderTarget() is called, so instead I now just added a return; on the top of that function. I have 48GB RAM, so memory leaks are not really a problem.

And now the particle effects demo works with SM4! And it looks really awesome, the ASCII effect bug does not exist in SM4, it looks pretty much perfect

Spoiler

For some reason in both DX and VK there is some kind of bug with the ground (there is a hole in the ground in front of the camera), but thats not related to Vulkan since it happens with DX SM4 too! The only small difference I see with those two screenshots is that with Vulkan the fire is missing, but apart from that it's perfect!

There is a bug with moving the camera around though, there is extreme flickering when doing that with Vulkan. But a still camera shot looks awesome
            Last edited by John Alcatraz; 10-10-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
              There is a bug with moving the camera around though, there is extreme flickering when doing that with Vulkan. But a still camera shot looks awesome
              Thanks John, I will be out most of this week @ steam dev days but I'll focus on this map for bugs next

Comment

I have tested SunTemple now... With ES31 the statues are black, I think that's wrong:

Spoiler

With SM4 they were black too, while it was still compiling shaders everything looked quite normal, but once it finished the shader compile it suddenly looked like this:

Spoiler

Even after a restart, that look stayed:

Spoiler

Everything has those dark patterns on it, just the sky looks correct.

Spoiler

DX SM4 looks correct.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                  DX SM4 looks correct.
                  Wow that's crazy town
                  What card and driver are you running? We might do a merge next week to main, hopefully most of the issues are fixed with it.

Comment

Any word from Khronos when Vulkan API for mobile VR is coming ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                      Any word from Khronos when Vulkan API for mobile VR is coming ?
                      Nope. Maybe for Vulkan Next. We have a panel tomorrow on Steam Dev Days, and there are Khronos people, so there might be news there.

Comment

Wow that's crazy town
                        What card and driver are you running? We might do a merge next week to main, hopefully most of the issues are fixed with it.
                        Crazy town?

I have a AMD R9 390 with the 16.9.2 driver.

Nope. Maybe for Vulkan Next. We have a panel tomorrow on Steam Dev Days, and there are Khronos people, so there might be news there.
                        Nice! I hope they talk about VR!

Comment

As I understand it, they said that SteamVR will work on Linux at some time and that it will use Vulkan there? Nothing too specific though. But if SteamVR runs with Vulkan on Linux it should also be able to run with Vulkan on Windows I hope

Comment

Today or tomorrow you should be getting a new drop into main from my SM4 changes. Includes occlusion queries and texture streaming

For VR, as soon as we have SM5 working (and thoroughly tested on Linux) we can look into adding SteamVR support. Valve is still working on it.

Comment

Today or tomorrow you should be getting a new drop into main from my SM4 changes. Includes occlusion queries and texture streaming
                              Awesome! Does it make sense yet to compare performance between DX and VK? I think all the debug things that are enabled for Vulkan in UE4 probably make it way slower than it would be without those, right? And I know the last time I wanted to compare performance the problem was that VSync couldn't get disabled in Vulkan, is that possible now?

For VR, as soon as we have SM5 working (and thoroughly tested on Linux) we can look into adding SteamVR support. Valve is still working on it.
                              Awesome too! It would make a lot of stuff easier for me to be able to use Vulkan in my current VR game, I currently have to reduce draw calls way more than I would like to.

Comment

Perf is not ready for testing yet, it's an unfair comparison
                                Until we propagate more changes to the higher levels of the renderer, the RHI has to basically emulate the D3D11 code path.
                                Haven't looked at the vsync, thanks for the reminder, I'll add it to the TODO list.

Comment

Working...
                                X