X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCaloca View Post
    We don't have a firm date, just that we're working on it
    Our main use for Vulkan is Android; our main use for D3D12 is Xbox. PC will use either, but hopefully more Vulkan as it can run on Win 7/8 machines.
    Vulkan can run on Linux too (Steam Machines including)

Btw, any chance for Vulkan to work on Gear VR any time soon ?

Comment

Cool, you can also omit the -vulkan parameter and that will run the PC mobile version under D3D11. I'll make a ticket to investigate these issues! For sure, resolution change is not implemented yet.
      Ok, I have just tested with regular mobile and there the bridge scene looks like this:

So Vulkan misses the fog and snow particles. Also that flat white thing I get with vulkan doesn't appear without vulkan.

The aliasing of the railing still exists with regular mobile rendering though, so it's not the fault of Vulkan.

And is the shader compile with Vulkan a lot slower than the shader compile without vulkan or did it just feel like that?
      Last edited by John Alcatraz; 08-03-2016, 05:45 PM.
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
        Vulkan can run on Linux too (Steam Machines including)

Btw, any chance for Vulkan to work on Gear VR any time soon ?
        Sounds like the SDK has to be made to work with Vulkan, it's OpenGL right now.

Comment

I just saw the lightshafts are missing in Vulkan too:

But I also saw the low resolution seems to be quite similar in regular mobile. Any idea what is keeping the resolution so low? Do you see the same when you run the particle effects in regular mobile ES3.1 or in Vulkan?

Just for comparison, this is how desktop DX11 looks like in same resolution:

Last edited by John Alcatraz; 08-03-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Not yet, might be one of the post effects has an issue. RenderDoc would probably tell what's wrong. I'm trying to get these fixes in for 4.13

Comment

Not yet, might be one of the post effects has an issue. RenderDoc would probably tell what's wrong. I'm trying to get these fixes in for 4.13
              Ok, nice I added another screenshot in my last post showing how it looks like on desktop. You see its sharper on same resolution. It also has more nice rendering stuff of course, but thats not so relevant at the moment since thats expected to be missing on mobile.

Comment

Sounds like the SDK has to be made to work with Vulkan, it's OpenGL right now.
                SDK as Oculus Mobile SDK ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                  SDK as Oculus Mobile SDK ?
                  I think so, that's what I got from the VR team

Comment

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
                    Ok, nice I added another screenshot in my last post showing how it looks like on desktop. You see its sharper on same resolution. It also has more nice rendering stuff of course, but thats not so relevant at the moment since thats expected to be missing on mobile.
                    Ok, I (don't?) see the snow on Vk. I'll see if I can fix that for 4.13.

Comment

Ok, I (don't?) see the snow on Vk. I'll see if I can fix that for 4.13.
                      You do see it or you don't see it?

And you said resolution change isn't implemented yet, but the protostar demo was running on a high resolution so there has to be some way to set a higher resolution?

Comment

You do see it or you don't see it?

And you said resolution change isn't implemented yet, but the protostar demo was running on a high resolution so there has to be some way to set a higher resolution?
                        I see that I don't see it
                        You can pass the resolution as an argument, like -resx=1600 -resy=1200, but if the post is broken it might look blurry/pixelated. You can do show postprocessing in the console to test.

Comment

Cant wait until Vulkan is ready to use with the Unreal Engine!
                          For the biggest part I expect performance increases, unlike from the shady DX12 wrapper, so take all the time you need and even a little more
                          Nobody wants shitstorms in tech communities like ROTTR caused with their ontop DX12 "functionality".

Comment

I see that I don't see it
                            You can pass the resolution as an argument, like -resx=1600 -resy=1200, but if the post is broken it might look blurry/pixelated. You can do show postprocessing in the console to test.
                            Ah, you see that you don't see it, that makes sense

I have tested with -resx=1920 -resy=1080 and when toggling PP with show postprocessing it looks a lot better So you were right, the blurryness is the fault of the PP.

I also tested with -resx=1920 -resy=1080 -fullscreen and that works great too!

Edit: Is there some way to disable Vsync with Vulkan? Having disabled framerate smoothing in project settings and also r.vsync 0 still don't disables it. In DX11 desktop its disabled, but vulkan is limited to 60 fps.
                            Last edited by John Alcatraz; 08-04-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I think so, that's what I got from the VR team
                              After talking to Oculus it seems that this iteration of Vulkan is not made for VR. Hopefully Khronos will get next iteration VR compatible (mobile VR specifically)

Comment

Edit: Is there some way to disable Vsync with Vulkan? Having disabled framerate smoothing in project settings and also r.vsync 0 still don't disables it. In DX11 desktop its disabled, but vulkan is limited to 60 fps.
                                Not right now, it will involve playing around with the way we handle swapchains & backbuffers, so I'll add it to the list but will be down in priority...

Comment

Working...
                                X