X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by PiroKun View Post

oh, that's bad. but was like is the same as es2, es3? or worse?
    That I don't know.. Khronos is set to release Vulkan extension for mobile that should solve the performance issue (this is just my simplified understanding of it), but who knows when it will happen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Highly unlikely - Carmack said they don't get any performance gains from Vulkan yet
    oh, that's bad. but was like is the same as es2, es3? or worse?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PiroKun View Post

I´m hoping for mobile vulcan VR (oculus go, quest) with the release of robo recall in quest.
    Highly unlikely - Carmack said they don't get any performance gains from Vulkan yet

Leave a comment:

• replied

I don't think you will see Vulkan on consoles any time soon (read: not in your life time). Mobile and PC (both including VR and non-VR) is where Vulkan is.
    I´m hoping for mobile vulcan VR (oculus go, quest) with the release of robo recall in quest.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Brutal Combo View Post
    Making singleplayer & competitive multiplayer games here. Very interested in being able to use Vulkan on PC (High End) and possibly also on consoles in a near future.
    I don't think you will see Vulkan on consoles any time soon (read: not in your life time). Mobile and PC (both including VR and non-VR) is where Vulkan is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Making singleplayer & competitive multiplayer games here. Very interested in being able to use Vulkan on PC (High End) and possibly also on consoles in a near future.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A whole bunch of vulkan changes was just merged, but the commit doesn't say what's new. Is this the new parallel rendering stuff?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    RCaloca

I just saw this "Mobile SDK: The 1.16 release now exposes experimental Vulkan support for the Oculus Go." in here https://developer.oculus.com/blog/au...tech-updates-/

Is it coming to UE4 in the very nearest future ? (like, 4.21 maybe)

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is something not quite right with the vulkan renderer here, i get around 17 fps with vulkan and 120+ with DirectX11. My processor is an AMD FX 6300 and the gpu is a R7 260X.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I saw a lot of Vulkan related entries in the release notes for 4.20... but then I saw that Vulkan is still in the 'future releases' section of the roadmap
    so at this point I don't know what to think of it. some info would be nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's the status of Vulkan as of 4.20? Is its implementation complete and production ready yet and are there real benefits to switching to it at this point?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post

I assume its because RCarola hasn't posted anything in more than a week.

Quite funny because he posted something 2 minutes ago xD
    He sometimes wouldn't post for a longer period of time. Just odd when someone uses "RIP" without having a solid evidence of something unfortunate happened to a person. Scratch odd, plain stupid.

Leave a comment:

• replied

What?! What happened ?
    I assume its because RCarola hasn't posted anything in more than a week.

Quite funny because he posted something 2 minutes ago xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gapil
    Rip Rolando, 1988 - 2018
    What?! What happened ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    RCaloca Since 4.20 is branched now, can you say what made it into 4.20 regarding Vulkan, specifically regarding the "Initial parallel support" that you said will "hopefully" make it into 4.20?

Also, any news from AMD on when they'll release the video?
    RCaloca saw that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X