X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    [MENTION=396]RCaloca[/MENTION]

I've tried running my game with Vulkan, and this is where it crashed:

[UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\VulkanRHI\Private\VulkanTexture.cpp] [Line: 945]
    Unimplemented vulkan functionality: FVulkanDynamicRHI::RHILockTexture2DArray
    I see that function is implemented for OpenGL, D3D11, D3D12 and Metal, just Vulkan is missing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RCaloca View Post
    I'll have to let the VR team speak for that one
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Nick Whiting View Post
    While I can't comment on timelines, Vulkan + VR is something we're working on, now that OpenVR is supporting it
    That sounds great! Thanks! I've spent quite some time lately in the SteamVR UE4 code, and as far as I see it there aren't many RHI specific things there. So I guess that it shouldn't be much work to make it compatible with Vulkan?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    While I can't comment on timelines, Vulkan + VR is something we're working on, now that OpenVR is supporting it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll have to let the VR team speak for that one

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey [MENTION=396]RCaloca[/MENTION], I just saw this: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr/wiki/Vulkan

And obviously I wondered, now that OpenVR supports Vulkan, does UE4 also support using Vulkan for VR rendering? Since performance is so important in VR, I just really want to be able to make use of all the parallel rendering stuff that's not available with D3D11, so I can't wait for finally being able to use Vulkan
    I know some other devs who are really heavily draw call limited in VR, so much that their game runs faster on PSVR than it does on PC because on PS4 the rendering is spread way better over all the cores. I don't have that many draw calls, but I would still really like to be able to use async compute for the things where UE4 supports it, like SSAO. And in general the performance with Vulkan should just be a bit better I think.

So, what can you tell me about Vulkan + VR in UE4?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    any ideas on how to crosscompile etc. I get tons of:
    [2017.02.12-08.42.40:282][810]LogShaderCompilers:Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/Ocean/Materials/M_Ocean_Versions/M_Ocean_SSR.M_Ocean_SSR for platform GLSL_430, Default Material will be used in game.
    Should Vulkan help once we get that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks ! That's cool ! I can't wait for that !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The Space Bar Rider View Post
    Any news about the Gear VR and Vulkan ? As the 4.15 will be release soon !
    Oculus said they are working on it: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/...Comment_491188

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news about the Gear VR and Vulkan ? As the 4.15 will be release soon !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, it's good to hear some news. I have a question, I made a really little project (just the starter scene of the starter content, with 2 chairs and 1 table), I set up my project to run on Vulkan and Google VR (Cardboard). Everything work except 2 things. I run at 8fps on my Samsung Galaxy S7. And I have no Anti-aliasing ! So my question is, does anyone got it a similar project working with UE4.14 ? Is it possible to do ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any news about mobile Vulkan getting to the point where it's usable on Gear VR ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Does Vulkan already support running the editor?
    Experimentally

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RCaloca View Post
    If you get a chance, start trying -sm5 and/or the editor (if you run off main github).
    Does Vulkan already support running the editor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool Yaakuro! If you get a chance, start trying -sm5 and/or the editor (if you run off main github).
    If you do run sm5, make sure to disable tiled reflections as there is a known issue (ie r.DoTiledReflections=0)
    Do you have a PR for the cube arrays? I'd love to take a look.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Long time ago I made a patch to make it work on GNUX, now with modification that extended SDL with Vulkan functionality. Here if you interested some SM4 UE4 demos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJqD...ature=youtu.be . Seems like some parts with CubeTextures are not ready yet so come examples crash. In the videos you can see that sometimes I switch on r.Vulkan.WaitForIdleOnSubmit =1. That seems to get rid of some artifacts that appears on Cave, Matine and BlueprintOffice demo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X