LPV GI diffuse bouncing light flashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LPV GI diffuse bouncing light flashes.

I am using LPV GI in my ArchViz project to get better dynamic indirect lighting. However, sometime the diffuse bouncing light flashes when 2 surfaces with different lighting conditions (often 1 is brighter another is darker) on screen.
    Sometimes it works stably sometimes it doesn't. I have tried to change the values in LPV section in PPV, but none of them fixed this problem. Any ideas on this?

LPV is not a good solution for archviz, if you're looking for a dynamic GI solution then I would try Nvidia VXGI

Comment

Yeah, LPV isn't very stable and it's not really possible to get it to work 100% consistently. I usually get a lot better results with a skylight.
      http://www.pixelpirates.se/
      Architectural and product visualisations

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        LPV is not a good solution for archviz, if you're looking for a dynamic GI solution then I would try Nvidia VXGI
        I tried both LPV and VXGI. VXGI definitely looks better and very stable I have to say. However, I still hesitate to use it as it is expensive and secondary diffuse bounce need about 8ms to render my scene at 1080p.
        Another reason I use LPV GI is I managed to get both LPV GI and VXAO work at same time, the result is really close to VXGI and VXAO is more realistic than HBAO+. I am satisfied with this combo. The only problem is LPV.
        As I test many times, LPV is very possible to flash when different lighting conditions appear on the screen. I really want to get LPV stable, but I don't know how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frepp73 View Post
          Yeah, LPV isn't very stable and it's not really possible to get it to work 100% consistently. I usually get a lot better results with a skylight.
          Skylight solution was my original solution to simulate indirect lighting. The problem is that my scene contains forest and skylight doesn't provide depth in it, so I switched to use dynamic GI.

Comment

As mentioned above, LPV just isn't very suitable for Arch-Viz scenes. You've already managed to get the best out of it, which is 'stable most of the time'. Have a look at the KiteDemo, it contains many useful blueprints on how to get a ton of different outdoor lighting variations. You might also try Heightfield GI (landscape required).
            https://www.artstation.com/chesire

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
              As mentioned above, LPV just isn't very suitable for Arch-Viz scenes. You've already managed to get the best out of it, which is 'stable most of the time'. Have a look at the KiteDemo, it contains many useful blueprints on how to get a ton of different outdoor lighting variations. You might also try Heightfield GI (landscape required).
              Thanks, will check details of KiteDemo.

Comment

Working...
              X