• replied
    Originally posted by TheSubZer0 View Post
    Where I change this values???????
    In console.
    ' ~ ' key.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where I change this values???????

r.Shadow.FadeResolution - controls how big the light has to be on the screen before it *starts* to fade out.
    - Default Value: 64
    - Can lower this value to keep shadows from fading out at further distances

r.Shadow.MinResolution - controls how big the light has to be on the screen before it *finishes* fading out, at which point it no longer has cost.
    - Default Value: 32
    - Lower values seem to increase shadow visibility.

r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel - Causes a higher resolution to be assigned and then it should fade out less aggressively
    - Default Value: 1.27324
    - Can increase this value to improve shadow rendering visibility & quality

r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold
    - Default Value: 0.03
    - A lower value of 0.02 or 0.01 greatly increases shadow visibility at far camera distances (seems to have the most impact of all the console commands).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just playing with the shadow Bias setting a good value is: 0.05 This value can be found in the light properties

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a solution if you're using spotlights instead of directional lights? My shadows seem to disappear when the camera is about 6-8k units away from the spotlight.

EDIT: So my problem was that the bounds on the meshes that had clipping/disappearing shadows had to be increased. Select Mesh->Rendering->Bounds Scale.
    Last edited by rantrod; 05-18-2016, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Far Shadows!

Dear Everyone,

Far Shadows are now in the engine and resolve all these issues!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post529311

Rama

Click image for larger version

Name:	FarShadowsInUe4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	309.5 KB
ID:	1106349

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cgd82 View Post
    @ansonkit

You want to change these settings in DefaultEngine.ini, it should be located at:
    your_project_folder/Config

You will want to add the shadow settings under the section:
    [/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]

I hope that helps (or if you already figured it out that this helps someone else.)
    hate to resurrect this but i am struggling with the same issue.
    tried changing defaultengine.ini in project config and the consolevariables.ini in UE4.10 folder but nothing seems to change.

i added:
    r.Shadow.FadeResolution=16
    r.Shadow.MinResolution=16
    r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel=3
    r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.01

no dice, any tips?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ansonkit

You want to change these settings in DefaultEngine.ini, it should be located at:
    your_project_folder/Config

You will want to add the shadow settings under the section:

I hope that helps (or if you already figured it out that this helps someone else.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I facing the same problem here. Im new to UE4, can someone please guide me on where to change the value that you are are talking about ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello everyone. Thanks for the advice, problem solved. Compilation is successful, it works in the finished project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! How to keep these settings for the project?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some gathered notes that help me solved this problem (thanks everyone!):

When using Stationary or Movable Lights on a movable mesh (not static) the shadow visibility of that movable mesh is dependent upon the size of the mesh and its distance from the camera.

Command Line Values to Tweak:

r.Shadow.FadeResolution - controls how big the light has to be on the screen before it *starts* to fade out.
    - Default Value: 64
    - Can lower this value to keep shadows from fading out at further distances

r.Shadow.MinResolution - controls how big the light has to be on the screen before it *finishes* fading out, at which point it no longer has cost.
    - Default Value: 32
    - Lower values seem to increase shadow visibility.

r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel - Causes a higher resolution to be assigned and then it should fade out less aggressively
    - Default Value: 1.27324
    - Can increase this value to improve shadow rendering visibility & quality

r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold
    - Default Value: 0.03
    - A lower value of 0.02 or 0.01 greatly increases shadow visibility at far camera distances (seems to have the most impact of all the console commands).

Useful Link: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...nce/index.html
    Last edited by jwfitt; 05-31-2014, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by koola View Post
    I have the same problem. For me, changing r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.03 to 0.01 fix it.

Thanks!

It looks like the RadiusThreshold value change in conjunction with r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel being set higher OR setting r.Shadow.FadeResolution to a lower value does the trick.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same problem. For me, changing r.Shadow.RadiusThreshold=0.03 to 0.01 fix it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bumping.

I've seen a couple of other AnswerHub and Forum posts with similar issues.

It all seems to be related to size of object and distance of that object from the camera. If the camera distance is great enough the dynamic shadows just won't display.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DanielW View Post
    Even when both of those settings are 1? Another one you can use is r.Shadow.TexelsPerPixel, to cause a higher resolution to be assigned and then it should fade out less aggressively.
    Yeah, even at a value of 1. Could you, if you get some time, try opening something like the Rolling Blueprint project template and increasing the springarm distance on the ball blueprint to something really high, like 7000?

I've tinkered with the extreme values of pretty much everything I can think of at this point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X