No announcement yet.

Reflections going through object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@NasteX - Wish I could help more. =) I'll be following the thread, looking forward to seeing a solution to this.

Simulacrum Game | Play The Alpha | Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Comment

@Jacky Sorry for the late answer, yes I did try this and its the same thing, no difference.
      @SE_JonF

Comment

Does anyone got a solution to that reflection problem. The problem is still there in version 4.24. This problem destroys the realistic reflection look.

I hope that anyone could help to fix this problem, thanks.

Comment

Use the planar reflection actor.

Comment

NasteX - The problem is still there. When I tilt the camera / look up or down, then the reflection goes through my walls / meshes.

Comment

Hm, your problem is different than the one that is originaly in this thread or?

Comment

NasteX - It is the same problem like at the beginning of this thread. When i look straight at the reflection under my window then it looks fine. But when i tilt up, down, left or right, then it is like SSR is disable.

Comment

This shouldn't happen with planar reflection capture. Can you post some screenshots?

Comment

NasteX - here are some screenshots of my "Reflections going through object" problem.

With the planar reflection the reflection gets bright and "milky" by the wall. It depends of the roughness value of the material.

I attached two pdf files with the screenshots - ReflectionProblem.pdf ReflectionCaptures.pdf
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, as I suspected the problem is the size of the sphere reflection captures. When part of the capture expands beyond the wall you will see the "reflection" from outside being projected inside. I fight this problem by placing a smaller captures that covers only the problematic areas.

Now its a bit different with planar reflection capture though, when you use it you dont need to use the sphere reflection captures on walls or floors, but only on places where its needed to have reflections. For example the legs of the chairs are metalic and they need reflections so I add a reflection capture to only cover the table and chairs if you get what I mean.

Comment

NasteX - Thanks a lot for your help! How can I create good looking matte wooden floor material with soft reflections? With planar reflection i get like a perfect mirror reflection of my floor, and when I increase the roughness value of my floor material then i get this weird looking reflection change when I tilt the camera

Comment

Originally posted by Unreal_ArchViz View Post
                          NasteX - "i get this weird looking reflection change when I tilt the camera"
                          Can you make a screencapture? I just dont know what you mean, sorry.

Comment

NasteX - Here WoodMaterialReflection.pdf is a screenshot of my material and the problem when I tilt the camera / look up or down.

Comment

Oh, I understand, SSR (Screen space reflections) are based on camera view frustum aka the screen size camera is looking at. So basically when you look down the "sky" or even the reflection capture goes out of screen, which for SSR means that there is nothing there and as a result of that you lose reflections.

My solution to that was to make the SSR 50% (you can work with this) in intensity and work with the reflection/planar capture intensity instead, so you get some kind of mixed reflections from both SSR and reflections from the captures.
                              Edit: Also make sure that the sphere reflections captures doesnt extend too much through the walls, because they will capture everything that is on the other side too.
                              Last edited by NasteX; 01-13-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

NasteX - How can I my reflection of my wooden floor more soft with planar reflection?

Comment

Working...
                                X