No announcement yet.

[Question] Scene Capture Cube issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base value for refraction is 1. Glass should have 1-1.52 depending on view angle. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest..._14/index.html

Glass specular should be 0.5. Scale is from 0 to 1 so 10 isn't even on right range.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny Gore View Post
      Base value for refraction is 1. Glass should have 1-1.52 depending on view angle. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest..._14/index.html

Glass specular should be 0.5. Scale is from 0 to 1 so 10 isn't even on right range.
      specular 10 is the value in the default glass in the starter content. Also, when you use a higher refraction angle/fresnel you have that very ugly effect when you look at the glass at an angle like this :

Click image for larger version

Name:	GCzxMzm.png
Views:	1
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	1091172

So yea, it may not be physically correct but i'm trying to make it look half-decent with what I can hehe!
      Last edited by heartlessphil; 10-12-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cadviz View Post
        Smart idea and HERE IS THE FIRST TRY

About the Glass faked reflection; I had tried your method before; but didn't work properly for me... due to the (SceneCaptureCube) wrong position...

Can you please tell what is the right position for the (SceneCaptureCube) to get accurate Reflection..!!? How far from the Reflective surface ?

Best Regards & and many thanks for your time
        It's usually trial and error. I may assign a different rendertargetcube to different windows depending where they are situated in the scene. In one of my scene I have 1 rendertargetcube 5 feet in front of my interior windows and another one for exterior which is situated about 15 feet away from my windows. I try to make it look good!

Comment

Working...
        X