Lighting craziness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting craziness

For some reason, I'm having problems with a light. I've clone a working light, so I'm sure I didn't accidentally change settings.

The top image is with the level Lit, and the bottom image is unlit. You can see the light in the hall, and it does cast a shadows with my player actor.

I'm very frustrated, and hoping one of you geniuses will have a simple solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lighting Problem Lit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	1161802

Name:	Lighting Problem.jpg
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1161804

Below, I placed a spotlight in the area that appears to be lit and pointed in into the area that isn't getting light.

Name:	Lighting Problem Spot.jpg
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1161813

Cheers,

Sterling
    Last edited by SterlingY; 09-24-2015, 07:10 PM.
    Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

I've discovered that if I make the lights movable, then it seems to work, but I don't want movable lights because I don''t need them to be a resource hog.

I also replace the tunnel/hall object with a tube that I imported, and I have the same problem, which leads me to believe it has nothing to do with wonky geometry.

Still looking for a solution.

-Sterling
    Run with the flock, end up a lamb chop!

Unreal 4 in 30 Days - An Unreal Experience: https://youtu.be/DV5l7d4b9Cs

Comment

Not entirely sure why you aren't getting a good preview, but it's worth mentioning that the default Stationary light needs to be "built " before it shows it's true self. If you have light bouncing set up in your Lightmass settings, then the rest of the cave will be illuminated indirectly after you build lighting.
      Theia Interactive makes immersive VR experiences in collaboration with the world’s leading companies and creatives, leveraging this bleeding edge technology to pioneer the next generation of entertainment, storytelling, and customer engagement.

Comment

Working...
      X