No announcement yet.

Materials & Geometry shaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I don't think much effort has been put into making those easy to HotReload, since I doubt Epic ever really expects people to mess around with them.

Posting a feature request thread and linking this thread and a few others might draw some attention to that. It would be nice to see USF files made easier to edit and debug. Hell is it even possible to add .USF's via plugins or anything?

Comment

Yes - it's possible to add USF via plugin/module
      Debugging is quite problematic couse this is not 'pure' hlsl, and what you see in .usf, is not what you get in nsight for example, but it's waaaaaaay better than in unity anyway

Comment

Hi @MXADD: just one question did you use engine source to compile your own implementation of FLocalVertexFactory? I did something similar but I get "inconsistent dll linkage".

Cheers,
        Alex

Comment

Never mind I made it compile =). Thnxs.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexMcAin View Post
            Hi @MXADD: just one question did you use engine source to compile your own implementation of FLocalVertexFactory? I did something similar but I get "inconsistent dll linkage".

Cheers,
            Alex
            I get the same error in my customVertexFactory.cpp file, how did you solve that?

Thanks,
            Pere

Comment

Originally posted by perepe View Post
              I get the same error in my customVertexFactory.cpp file, how did you solve that?

Thanks,
              Pere
              solved!
              it was caused by the macros in the class declaration, as explained here:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...n-inherit.html

Comment

Working...
              X