No announcement yet.

Distance Field Soft Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello can you remake this in newer versions, please ? I couldn't make it works...
    ABC Augmented Reality by UE4
    GooglePlay

ArchVis VR

Comment

Link leads to 404

Comment

Does anyone have a copy of the ZIP?

Comment

Would be awesome to get working version of this in newer engine version or copy of the zip

Comment

I managed to bring back that cloaking effect in 4.20 and make my version of it using dithering. I haven't had much luck with the squishy effect however, only managing a slight squish using distance fields. Here's my graph for cloaking. In newer versions distance fields became a feature to be ticked in the project settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ThermopticCamoMaterial.png
Views:	195
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	1582126

Comment

Hey,

I was getting back into unreal picking up on some old project and recalled this distance field soft bodies thread and by pure chance i still have the original project zip

Here ye go distancefieldsoftbodies.zip

I have no idea if it works in current versions (4.24 atm) but maybe you can learn from it at least

Comment

Originally posted by Roel View Post
                Hi everyone,

Today I made a little test using the master branch of Unreal Engine. The idea was to mimic the effect of soft bodies by using the new "DistanceToNearestSurface" node.

Here is the result:

Since it uses the material to deform it, it is completely fake, but I still think it looks pretty good. I'm not using it myself for anything, so if you need it or would just like to give it a try here is my content package:
                http://www.roelbartstra.com/resource...softbodies.zip

It is created on the master branch. It does not work with the latest version in the launcher 4.8 preview 4!!!!!!

Here is the material overview:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42960[/ATTACH]

If you want more accurate physics results you could maybe try making a physics repulsor per sphere.

Feel free to ask any questions and ENJOY!
                I didnt even know this was possible, this looks great!

Comment

Working...
                X