Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set in game texture resolution to 8K?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set in game texture resolution to 8K?

ive found this documentation but i still dont understand it:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...tureresolution

Unreal Engine 4 defaults to limiting the maximum number of texture mips to 13, which effectively limits the largest rendered texture to 4096 (1x1 to 4096x4096 is 13 mips). This has the side-effect that imported 8192 textures will only render up to mip1 of 4096. The constant MAX_TEXTURE_MIP_COUNT which defaults to 13 in the engine source files can be modified to a value of 14 to support 8192 texture rendering. This constant is defined in the following source files (as of QAMar09, be sure to verify on other QA versions).

Src\D3D10Drv\Src\D3D10Device.cpp
    Src\Engine\Inc\RHI.h
    Src\Engine\Inc\UnTex.h
    Src\Engine\Src\RHI.cpp
    Src\Engine\Src\TextureCube.cpp
    these source paths, i cant find them. even if i could, then what. how to set it to 14? add _14? or =14? how can i know this?

can someone please help me?
    thanks

Hi jazvec, those source files are from stale documentation; I'll enter a ticket for clearing this out and another for getting 8k textures to work.
    EDIT: Seems the code should be working with 8k & 16k textures.
    Last edited by RCaloca; 05-19-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

thank you,

when can i expect them to work? roughly?

Comment

Originally posted by jazvec View Post
        thank you,

when can i expect them to work? roughly?
        Should be working; if it's not please enter an answerhub ticket.

Comment

but how to enable it? because it doesn't work by default. my 8K texture is scaled down to 4K.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6yEnCs0rkRqqn3i1QJojDou4duxky.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1078584

Comment

That's one flippin huge texture file isn't it?
            Favorite Quotes:
            "History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind." -Edward Gibbon
            "Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." -Vladimir Putin
            "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." -General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by jazvec View Post
              but how to enable it? because it doesn't work by default. my 8K texture is scaled down to 4K.
              You need to change the MaxLODSize for each LOD Group in the DeviceProfiles.ini (Base or Default) under /Script/Engine.TextureLODSettings as it currently is set to 4096 across the board. Once set to 8192, then the Max In-Game display in the texture will now display 8192x8192.
              NVIDIA GameWorks merged branch (v4.9.2) (v4.12.5) (v4.13 p2)
              Feel free to Donate if you wish to support me

Comment

Originally posted by GalaxyMan2015 View Post
                You need to change the MaxLODSize for each LOD Group in the DeviceProfiles.ini (Base or Default) under /Script/Engine.TextureLODSettings as it currently is set to 4096 across the board. Once set to 8192, then the Max In-Game display in the texture will now display 8192x8192.
                well, no luck again.

Ive found the DeviceProfiles.ini in my project settings but there was no deviceprofiles.ini in the main UE4 directory in program files.
                so in my project files ive found it in here: D:\Work\Unreal\Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\Config\CoalescedSourceConfigs (my project folder)

the TextureLODSettings comand is only under Linux profiles.

[Linux DeviceProfile]
                DeviceType=Linux
                BaseProfileName=
                MeshLODSettings=
                TextureLODSettings=

[LinuxNoEditor DeviceProfile]
                DeviceType=LinuxNoEditor
                BaseProfileName=Linux
                MeshLODSettings=
                TextureLODSettings=

[LinuxServer DeviceProfile]
                DeviceType=LinuxServer
                BaseProfileName=Linux
                MeshLODSettings=
                TextureLODSettings=

Im using windows. so ive tried adding the line set to 8192 under windows profiles but that doesnt work.

is this the right deviceprofiles.ini file? i dont think so. so whats the correct path?

its very frustrating that this is not there by default and it seems like theres no easy way of doing it.

Comment

Under the Engine configs, you will see a BaseDeviceProfiles.ini. I copied this into my projects Config directory and renamed to DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini, Then made the changes required:

Code:
                  TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_World,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Character,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Effects,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_UI,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Pixels2D,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=point,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                  Saved and launched the editor and tested my 8192x8192 texture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TextureProps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1078647

Comment

Under the Engine configs, you will see a BaseDeviceProfiles.ini. I copied this into my projects Config directory and renamed to DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini, Then made the changes required:

Code:
                    TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_World,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Character,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Effects,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_UI,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=aniso,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=linear,MipFilter=linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    +TextureLODGroups=(Group=TEXTUREGROUP_Pixels2D,MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=16384,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=point,MipFilter=point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
                    Saved and launched the editor and tested my 8192x8192 texture:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40319[/ATTACH]
                    and still nothing. i still have got only 4K. i have no clue whats wrong.

could you upload youre DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini file so i could try it out?

Comment

Its a carbon copy of the Base one with MaxLODSize changed, and thats it. So if that did not work for you then I am not sure. I was using v4.8 of the engine, haven't tried in anything earlier.

Comment

Its a carbon copy of the Base one with MaxLODSize changed, and thats it. So if that did not work for you then I am not sure. I was using v4.8 of the engine, haven't tried in anything earlier.
                        am using 4.7.6 and this is whats inside the default BaseDeviceProfiles.ini file:

[DeviceProfiles]
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=Windows,Windows
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=WindowsNoEditor,WindowsNoEditor
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=WindowsServer,WindowsServer
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=IOS,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPad2,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPad3,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPad4,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPadAir,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPadMini,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPadMini2,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPhone4,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPhone4S,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPhone5,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPhone5S,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPodTouch5,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPhone6,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=iPhone6Plus,IOS
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=Android,Android
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=PS4,PS4
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=XboxOne,XboxOne
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=HTML5,HTML5
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=Mac,Mac
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=MacNoEditor,MacNoEditor
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=MacServer,MacServer
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=WinRT,WinRT
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=Linux,Linux
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=LinuxNoEditor,LinuxNoEditor
                        +DeviceProfileNameAndTypes=LinuxServer,LinuxServer

[Windows DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Windows
                        BaseProfileName=

[WindowsNoEditor DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=WindowsNoEditor
                        BaseProfileName=Windows

[WindowsServer DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=WindowsServer
                        BaseProfileName=Windows

[IOS DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=0
                        +CVars=r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
                        +CVars=r.LightShaftQuality=0
                        +CVars=r.RefractionQuality=0
                        // HZB will be slower with tiled, and not needed
                        +CVars=r.HZBOcclusion=0
                        // Non need for depth prepass
                        +CVars=r.EarlyZPass=0
                        +CVars=r.EarlyZPassMovable=0
                        // Needs geometry shader support
                        +CVars=r.TranslucentLightingVolume=0
                        // Needs geometry shader support
                        +CVars=r.AllowPointLightCubemapShadows=0
                        // TXAA (?) looks blurry right now
                        +CVars=r.PostProcessAAQuality=0
                        // Not sure on this one - may need the whole D Buffer stuff going
                        +CVars=r.Decal.StencilSizeThreshold=-1

[iPad2 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS
                        +CVars=r.RenderTargetSwitchWorkaround=1

[iPad3 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPad4 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPadAir DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1

[iPadAir2 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1
                        +CVars=r.DepthOfFieldQuality=1
                        +CVars=r.LightShaftQuality=1

[iPadMini DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPadMini2 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=iPadAir

[iPhone4 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPhone4S DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPhone5 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPhone5S DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS
                        +CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=2
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1

[iPodTouch5 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPhone6 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1

[iPhone6Plus DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=IOS
                        BaseProfileName=IOS
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1

[Android DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=
                        +CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=1
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=0
                        +CVars=r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
                        +CVars=r.LightShaftQuality=0

[Android_Low DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android
                        +CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=0.5

[Android_Mid DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1
                        +CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=0.8

[Android_High DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android
                        +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1
                        +CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=1.0

[Android_Unrecognized DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android_Mid

[Android_Adreno320 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android_Mid

;This offset needs to be set for the mosaic fallback to work on Galaxy S4 (SAMSUNG-IGH-I337)
                        ;+CVars=r.DemosaicVposOffset=0.5

[Android_Adreno330 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android_High

[Android_Adreno330_Ver53 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Android
                        BaseProfileName=Android_Adreno330
                        +CVars=r.DisjointTimerQueries=1

[PS4 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=PS4
                        BaseProfileName=

[XboxOne DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=XboxOne
                        BaseProfileName=
                        ; we output 10:10:10, not 8:8:8 so we don't need color quantization
                        +CVars=r.TonemapperQuality=0
                        ; For SSAO we rely on TemporalAA (with a randomized sample pattern over time) so we can use less samples
                        +CVars=r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
                        ; less passes, and no upsampling as even upsampling costs some performance
                        +CVars=r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1
                        ; larger radius to compensate for fewer passes
                        +CVars=r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=2

[HTML5 DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=HTML5
                        BaseProfileName=

[Mac DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Mac
                        BaseProfileName=

[MacNoEditor DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=MacNoEditor
                        BaseProfileName=Mac

[MacServer DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=MacServer
                        BaseProfileName=Mac

[WinRT DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=WinRT
                        BaseProfileName=

[Linux DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=Linux
                        BaseProfileName=
                        MeshLODSettings=
                        TextureLODSettings=

[LinuxNoEditor DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=LinuxNoEditor
                        BaseProfileName=Linux
                        MeshLODSettings=
                        TextureLODSettings=

[LinuxServer DeviceProfile]
                        DeviceType=LinuxServer
                        BaseProfileName=Linux
                        MeshLODSettings=
                        TextureLODSettings=
                        whats inside of youres?

Comment

Okay after having a look through 4.7. You will find the section in BaseEngine.ini instead, search for [SystemSettings]. So as of 4.8 they moved it to DeviceProfiles.ini

Comment

Okay after having a look through 4.7. You will find the section in BaseEngine.ini instead, search for [SystemSettings]. So as of 4.8 they moved it to DeviceProfiles.ini
                            it worked. after 3 day of frustration. thank you very much!

Comment

Thank you so much GalaxyMan2015.... had look in several pages with no answer, you just nailed it. You saved me a lot of time. The answer from the staff guys should be as clear as yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X