Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    No worries

I'm fairly certain that Enlighten is one bounce. Enlighten DOES have a UE4 integration, but you have to pay big money for it. As Unreal has gone all open-source, it would require Enlighten to dish out their source code too, and Enlighten aren't prepared to offer an integration free to UE4 users.

Let's face it though, VGXI is the balls if you've got the hardware for it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm aware of Unreal working on DistanceField GI... but that is only one bounce, and to my knowledge, has no timeframe. I would love to use specifically the Enlighten solution, since it does exist... somewhere

Thanks for the pointer on VXGI. I wasn't aware there was an integration I could download. I'll have to take a look at that!

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dynamic GI is coming to Unreal, and nVidia's VXGI is also available for UE4 for free.

See here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post236002

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Enlighten has a plugin for UE4, but because the engine's source is available to us, commercial third party plugins cannot be use by us out-of-the-box, like with Speedtree and Simplygon in UDK for example. Unity doesn't have its source code available, unless you pay a significant fee to compensate for these plugins.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [Dynamic GI in UE4] Unity 5 Free with Enlighten

[Dynamic GI in UE4] Unity 5 Free with Enlighten

I've been hoping for some time for a workable real-time GI solution that would be usable for VR (LPV doesn't work well for interiors, and not at all for VR). I'm not sure that the new Unity 5 tools will do that with decent performance or not, but I'll be testing. They pretty much dropped a bomb, and I must reiterate that real-time GI is a HUGE feature for visual-fidelity fanatics. I hope Epic can step up on this and introduce their own solution.

Not more than a few months ago, Geomatics showed a video of Enlighten working in Unreal Engine. But since then, no further info. Might we see a plugin for UE4 soon? Ever?

Andrew
Working...
X