Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining Materials

Hello,

Is there a way to combine multiple advanced materials together? I have 3 amazing materials that I want to blend together for my landscape, but I am getting 2 errors that will not allow it to compile.

SM5 warning X3206:implicit truncation of vector type
    SM5 error X4510: maximum ps 5_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded

Coming 2016| Interested joining my team, email me: daniiartsstudio@gmail.com
    Official Thread! Unreal Forums Follow us on Facebook Watch development blog on Youtube

There is no magic "mix it" solution esp for landscape material.

You need to break them into pieces, and build one master shader for landscape that for eg. obeys limit of maximum textures.

There were multiple and good tutorials (and documentation) about how to make great materials for landscape, most of them for udk, but ideas still apply. You only need to translate nodes from left to right.

Comment

You can look to using material functions for this, though I cannot confirm if this gets around the texture limit. I know that the later versions of the engine (4.6+ I "THINK") have a system for allowing a multitude of textures to be used above the original limits. It like went from 15 or something to more than 100. I can't remember if that required a setting to be turned on in the .ini file or it was experimental but you can look it up.

You can try my method for combining materials that I detailed in a tutorial here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh8F3uUdiRA

Check my channel for the actual tutorial as this video is the quick summary.

If you have issues or questions, you can comment there, add me on Skype "hitpawz" or "hitpawz@hotmail.com" to contact me directly.

Comment

Weapon

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        There is no magic "mix it" solution esp for landscape material.

You need to break them into pieces, and build one master shader for landscape that for eg. obeys limit of maximum textures.

There were multiple and good tutorials (and documentation) about how to make great materials for landscape, most of them for udk, but ideas still apply. You only need to translate nodes from left to right.
        Sorry but what do we have to do for a Weapon ?

Comment

Working...
        X