No announcement yet.

Anti-Aliasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the anti-aliasing used in screenshots the same anti-aliasing in game?

I took a screenshot recently and thought the AA quality was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanN View Post
      Is the anti-aliasing used in screenshots the same anti-aliasing in game?

I took a screenshot recently and thought the AA quality was really good.
      Those screenshots are taken in viewport with real time enabled, so thats how they look in game. And it is a comparison to show the effect of two AA solutions on SSR.
      FREE VR Drum Kit Project
      FREE Color LUT Collection
      FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
      FREE GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
      Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
      Camera Crossfade

Comment

TXAA samples the last few frames to reduce noise and to make a more stable image. Game engines often have filtering, noise, and pixel shimmering, all of which are only reduced with TXAA or super sampling (rendering at a higher resolution and down sampling).

Comment

Problem is fast moving things, especially high contrast areas, go noisy with TXAA

Comment

Originally posted by ZacD View Post
            TXAA samples the last few frames to reduce noise and to make a more stable image. Game engines often have filtering, noise, and pixel shimmering, all of which are only reduced with TXAA or super sampling (rendering at a higher resolution and down sampling).
            If I wanted to render out a video with no aliasing. I could render it at double resolution and then shrink it back down afterwards?

Edit : Let me rephrase that. Would super sampling be the best way to get rid of this effect?
            Last edited by HaxO; 12-08-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HaxO View Post
              If I wanted to render out a video with no aliasing. I could render it at double resolution and then shrink it back down afterwards?

Edit : Let me rephrase that. Would super sampling be the best way to get rid of this effect?
              It depends on how the post processing effects work. Bloom and DOF might be diminished if you render at higher res and then down-sample it.

Comment

Working...
              X