Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a little curious about why GPU sprites is not supported on Mobile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Is there updates on when android support for GPU Sprites will be coming?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Howdy everyone,

Just wanted to keep everyone updated. I have tested this issue and have hit the same error that seems to be occurring. I have entered a Jira report for this issue so that it may be resolved in a future release. if you have any more questions regarding this issue, please refer to that AnswerHub post so that I may be able to further investigate. I am unsure as to a certain time frame of when this will be implemented. I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Here is a link to the post once again: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-179537

Thanks and have a great day!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by hls333555 View Post
    Thanks for the greate news!However,I tested gpu particles with 4.7 preview8 with metal checked,but it did not seem to work on IOS 8(iphone 6 plus).
    Sadness maybe you found a bug. Can you please open an Answerhub ticket for this so it goes through support?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RCaloca View Post
    Yes, it will be on 4.7.
    Thanks for the greate news!However,I tested gpu particles with 4.7 preview8 with metal checked,but it did not seem to work on IOS 8(iphone 6 plus).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks RCaloca, there are some really great things I'll be able to do with this .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, it will be on 4.7.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tested it in 4.6.1 and it appears the answer is no, has anyone tried this in 4.7?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this work for mobile in 4.6.1? (on Metal)
    Last edited by Awdogsgo2heaven; 02-01-2015, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, Metal support is being worked on. We might work on it for Android, but it's further down the line... However if you have an AEP device (Tegra K1) running the high-end rendering path will use it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's what I thought... So, Apple's coming first then?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think he means the Metal Framework from Apple.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Update: This will be working on Metal-enabled devices, but GL might take a bit longer (3d textures are required).
    Sorry, what do you mean by Metal-enabled devices? I'm looking up what this "metal" is and it seems something exclusive to iOS. Part of my game relies on GPU particles, but I'm developing on Android. Can I expect a change to allow these on android phones?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great news.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hopefully no restrictions! And hope to get it in by 4.7 (or 4.6.1 if we do one), or you if you are running off github you might be able to get the change directly.
    Update: This will be working on Metal-enabled devices, but GL might take a bit longer (3d textures are required).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hopefully no restrictions! And hope to get it in by 4.7 (or 4.6.1 if we do one), or you if you are running off github you might be able to get the change directly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X