X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene capture 2D problem

Hi guys! Hope youre all ok,

Just a quick one,
    Ive made a room, in which i would like a Mirror. So ive Added a "SceneCapture2D" actor. Ive created a Render target and Created a material in which ive assigned it to the "emmisive" node. I then use the Render target as the "texture target" for the SceneCapture2D actor.

It is working, BUT im getting a Doubled capture. Heres a Screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	812.8 KB
ID:	1138898

Heres the MATERIAL setup

Name:	mat.png
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	1138899

and heres the RENDER TARGET setup

Name:	render.png
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	1138900

Ive adjusted the settings for the "address X and Y" with no joy. Im probably just being a Noob!

Thanks

JaMeS

That's not a tool for rendering a mirror like reflection, it's for doing things like having a screen showing a camera view for things like security cameras

Comment

That's not a tool for rendering a mirror like reflection, it's for doing things like having a screen showing a camera view for things like security cameras
      However, placing the "camera" where the mirror plane is, facing outwards, together with a flipped X axis, can give a fairly good approximation....

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
        However, placing the "camera" where the mirror plane is, facing outwards, together with a flipped X axis, can give a fairly good approximation....
        Thanks for the Advice. So darthviper107, any Suggestions on exactly how one should be creating a mirror ? its all very well saying "thats not its purpose" so what is... and thats not me being sarcastic either, i am Genuainly asking for advice

Comment

My guess is that your texture mapping is off, as to why it's tiling. But in any case, there's no solution at the moment for doing a mirror type reflection, SSR can do that for things like floors, but only renders reflections of objects that are rendered so it doesn't work for mirrors.

Comment

Cheers buddy guess what? just after i wrote that last post i went back into UE4 and realised the Alignment was not right, i set it to fit and Wallah! Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X