Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have some lightning issues. Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by presto423 View Post
    How did you create the foliage, precisely? Are you able to list several steps you used to create and distribute the foliage in the landscape?
    I found an interesting thing.
    I switched lightmap coordinate index to 0 and set lightmap size to 4 (by default) they disappeared. but some of the meshes became completely black after light building.
    Steps I did were importing megascans trough bridge and then set foliage with tool. I did some adjustments inside material but nothing drastic.

Comment

Lightmap resolution 4 is too low, and coordinate index (channel) 0 is for texture maps. I think there's a problem with the foliage meshes, or material for the foliage. It's only on certain meshes, and the other things you did to adjust lighting didn't help. The foliage material could have a setting or two set that doesn't work for those particular meshes with the bright spots, while other meshes are fine. Or perhaps those particular meshes with the bright spots have bad geometry for the material to be lit correctly. It could also be a combination of the two, material settings and mesh geometry.

Comment

Originally posted by presto423 View Post
        Lightmap resolution 4 is too low, and coordinate index (channel) 0 is for texture maps. I think there's a problem with the foliage meshes, or material for the foliage. It's only on certain meshes, and the other things you did to adjust lighting didn't help. The foliage material could have a setting or two set that doesn't work for those particular meshes with the bright spots, while other meshes are fine. Or perhaps those particular meshes with the bright spots have bad geometry for the material to be lit correctly. It could also be a combination of the two, material settings and mesh geometry.
        I reimported models again from scratch and seems it helped. Ill try to replace all existing foliage with new models and see what will happen. Also I got new problem. Terrain has tiles lighted differently. Attach pic.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X