No announcement yet.

How to make this scene more realistc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE: So instead of using the AO for the skylight as I didn't like the blue tint, I used a AO cubemap for the post process effects. It's definitely made the scene a lot more brighter. It still doesn't look as realistic as I would like, so if anyone else has more tips that would be amazing!

Comment

I agree with an earlier post regarding some surfaces needing more definition using roughness. Using roughness somehow to get a more identifiable material type for different surfaces. Even the floor is still somewhat undefined as to the thickness / roughness of the carpet or floor type. Cabinets, desk surfaces, and overhead light border materials need an increase in specular to get some highlights from the lighting. So add or subtract from roughness and increase specular, and perhaps an increase in metallic for the shinier surfaces like the cabinets and outer structure of the overhead lights. Unless those aren't metal or shiny types of materials, as intended, then ignore what I suggest for metallic.

Comment

Working...
      X