Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot disable refraction on parts of the material

Hello,

I want to disable refraction on parts of the material, like I can make parts of the material fully translucent (opacity = 0) or mask them out. With refractions this does not seem to work. opacity = 0 or refraction = 0 has no effect, it's always on the whole material refracted.

Thank you,

Thilo

Can you possibly post a picture / screenshot of what you're trying to achieve with this? That might help track down a solution...

Comment

Try setting refraction to 1, not 0, for the areas you'd like it disabled.

Comment

If you use raytracing for your transparent materials, then the specular input is used for raytraced refraction. So test, if you can disable your refraction via specular input.

Translucency Index of Refraction (IOR)

When setting up and using refraction for ray tracing, the Specular material input is used to control the index of refraction, or IOR, in your translucent materials. The ray tracing features of Unreal Engine follows the Disney BRDF model whereby specular and IOR values are coupled and cannot be defined independently.
        https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ing/index.html

Comment

Thank you all. I had to set refraction to 1, not to 0 like you do it with opacity, to disable it,

Comment

Working...
          X