Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray Tracing Glass Translucency and Reflections v.4.24

Hello everyone

Something mystic with Ray Traced Translucency and Reflections glass material. At my case its big glass walls for Archviz

I need get both Translucency and Reflections at it best way, for glass material

I have 2 mesh variations: box (mesh with thickness) and plane (no thickness)
    for bot type of mesh two rendering modes: Ray Tracing and Raster

Below i will attach all screenshots at imgur with comments on them. Please have a look

https://imgur.com/a/AVohX7N

How can i get Translucency and Reflections like at Plane + RayTracing but for all sides? (Two sided material setting doesn't helps, you can see it at screenshots)
    Why box + Ray Tracing doesn't have any Translucence?

Originally posted by Khech_ View Post
    Hello everyone

Something mystic with Ray Traced Translucency and Reflections glass material. At my case its big glass walls for Archviz

I need get both Translucency and Reflections at it best way, for glass material

I have 2 mesh variations: box (mesh with thickness) and plane (no thickness)
    for bot type of mesh two rendering modes: Ray Tracing and Raster

Below i will attach all screenshots at imgur with comments on them. Please have a look

https://imgur.com/a/AVohX7N

How can i get Translucency and Reflections like at Plane + RayTracing but for all sides? (Two sided material setting doesn't helps, you can see it at screenshots)
    Why box + Ray Tracing doesn't have any Translucence?

Raytracing translucency is horribly broken beyond useability currently, and likely will not be fixed soon
    here's a bandage patch to help reduce the effects of its bad implementation: Turn off refraction, set max refraction rays to 1

Comment

Working...
    X