Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many Shader Instructions

Hello Everyone!
    I do not know what to do with this but my empty material has 778 base pass instructions. Any body knows what to do?

Originally posted by Poelvanov View Post
    Hello Everyone!
    I do not know what to do with this but my empty material has 778 base pass instructions. Any body knows what to do?
    That is due to forward rendering, which is a series of pros and cons

Pros: 10-30% Faster, supports msaa (Only if motion blur or atmospheric fog isnt used)
    Cons: Lacking support for all screenspace effects except ssao, Bad support for translucency (No shadows except by static lights)

Msaa is only really used on vr to get 100% responsive AA to prevent issues or to get people who keep calling TAA blurry to finally be quiet for once. (Blur can easily be fixed with the command r.TemporalAACatmullRom 1 )

Comment

Originally posted by Bits360 View Post

That is due to forward rendering, which is a series of pros and cons

Pros: 10-30% Faster, supports msaa (Only if motion blur or atmospheric fog isnt used)
      Cons: Lacking support for all screenspace effects except ssao, Bad support for translucency (No shadows except by static lights)

Msaa is only really used on vr to get 100% responsive AA to prevent issues or to get people who keep calling TAA blurry to finally be quiet for once. (Blur can easily be fixed with the command r.TemporalAACatmullRom 1 )
      Thanks. I tweaked the material and turned off some premutations...

Comment

Originally posted by Poelvanov View Post

Thanks. I tweaked the material and turned off some premutations...
        Don't switch off permutations in material, it doesn't help, they will automatically switch on again, if you tell ue4 to not switch them on, who knows what kind of errors will occur, but either way it will not run right if you do that.

Forward is not preferable if you need lots of accurate reflections, instead go to deferred if you need that. If you have flat, stylised graphics forward is where its at.

Comment

Working...
        X